[twenty-one]

His eyes travel all the way down at my toe from my head leisurely. I can't tell if he's just judging or wondering if I'm actually real or not.

The way he is staring at me doesn't feel like the way he used to stare at me when we were least friends. It reminds me of how he looked at me when we bumped into the each other for the first time in the hallways.

Stubborn and arrogant.

"Take it." He says, handing me the drink without moving an inch from our position.

"My brother doesn't like it when I talk to strangers. Excuse me." I try to make my way out while he is preoccupied processing my words.

I'm fast on my feet, but he's faster on his hands. In a flash, he grabs me by my shoulder and pushes me harshly against the wall beside the isle. He blocks both ways by trapping me inside his arms.

"What do you think you're doing?" I'm taken aback by his action, but I still manage to show enough vexation through my intonation and tightly balled fists.

He lowers his head to my height. He's so close that I can hear the sound of him breathing. I can even count his eyelashes if I want to.

He fixates his eyes on mine. I feel his gaze piercing through my soul. My hands and feets suddenly get numb, as if all the strength inside me evaporated. I've never felt an aura this intimidating, this dominating, radiating from a single person.

"Wonwoo hyung was right. You do really look the same. You just don't sound the same." He tilts his head to the side, a smirk of tease playing impishly at the corner of his lips.

"Move." I say sternly.

"Make me."

Then again it's not my fault he chose death over the easiest choice. It's probably my golden luck that I'm wearing 4 inches of high heel boots instead of my regular pair of sneakers today.

"Ouchhhh!!!! How could you just step on me like that??? You crossed the line Yoon Miyeon." He shrieks in pain, wobbling on his right foot after I stepped on his left with all my might.

"There was never a line to cross."

"What does that suppose to mean?"

"Means, you. Are. A. Muttonhead."

I quickly shove him out of the way and start marching towards the counter. I don't turn back for once, but I can feel his leer burning at my back.

I'm surprised he just listened to my insult without saying a word. He was the type of person who'd say it back at my face that I was most idiot person to exist until his mouth started to ache from saying it. Now he didn't even bother to reply.

Sigh.

Where did you get lost at Mingyu?

What happened to the old you?

***

I walk across the counter with a box of freshly served tteokbokki in my hand and grab a table. He hasn't gone yet. Half of me is wanting him to stay and follow me, other half wants him to go away.

I hope he doesn't notice that I'm wearing a facade. Honestly, it's so hard to pretend like I don't care, like nothing happened. It hurts like hell to even look at him with the lingering thought that he hates me, when I just want to run into his arms and say how much I missed him.

I don't think I can keep up this appearance for too long. I feel so vulnerable around him. We shouldn't see other. He should go away. He should.