53. Monster

AN: I don't know how many of you guys have ever read "Warriors" by Erin Hunter. This chapter and the next will read in a similar fashion to those stories. This is a Twoie-centric chapter, so I'm going to try to make things as easy as possible. First off, names.

Tiny Thing: Steven
Blue Pelt: Pearl
Purple Pelt: Amethyst
Red Blue Pelt: Garnet
Many Fur: Bismuth
Water Bird: Lapis Lazuli
Leaf Pelt: Peridot
Long Fur: Greg
Pink Beast: Lion

The words mentioned during memories are unintelligible to Twoie. He only understands the words in Bold. The memories shown are the last scene of Change Your Mind, Chapter 11, Chapter 14, and Chapter 46 respectively.

Let me know if there is anything that is really confusing, and I'll try to fix it.

It didn't know what was going on. It could not recall anything before seeing the trees surrounding It. Movement alerted It to the presence of something below. This something was tiny, much smaller than It was. And the tiny thing had strangely colored fur. Tiny Thing had a short red pelt on the top half of its body and a short blue pelt on the lower half of its body, with black fur on the top of its (his?) head. He made loud noises, unintelligible to It, so It decided to move in closer. Tiny Thing flinched when It leaned Its head down to get a closer look at Tiny Thing. "I'm a monster." The noises flashed in his thoughts. They were odd to It, but they were familiar. Monster shook the thought off and continued its (his?) inspection of Tiny Thing. Tiny Thing smelled very familiar, like comfort and sadness. He smelled like his pack, but Tiny Thing seemed scared of Monster. Monster wanted to comfort him, so he decided to leave Tiny Thing alone. Besides, that smell had reminded Monster of something.

Three creatures gathered outside the dead tree den on the sand. There was a tall one with a light peach fur and a light blue pelt covering another light blue pelt, a small one with purple fur and a tattered black pelt, and another tall one, but with black fur and a weird multi-color pelt. They were smiling and laughing about something that Monster could not recall. The night sky was illuminated by many tiny lights, and a red-orange light on small dead trees was between them and Monster.

Monster turned around. Past the cliff he was on, was the endless water. And the sand was always by the endless water. The memory called him to head towards the dead tree den, so Monster jumped from the cliff. The dead tree den (house?) was warm and cozy. But it also reminded Monster of pain. He remembered Blue Pelt yelling at him. Remembered Blue Pelt, Purple Pelt, and Red Blue Pelt attacking Monster on the sand. He remembered yelling, pain from rocks landing on top of Monster. He remembered protecting Tiny Thing from the rocks. Monster felt confused by these memories. Were they his? Of a time before he awoke in the clearing? As Monster continued walking to the sand place, he debated whether Blue Pelt, Purple Pelt, and Red Blue Pelt were pack-members or pack-enemies.

Suddenly, something smacked against his leg. Monster looked down to see Red Blue Pelt by his paw. Before he could act, another creature roared and slammed against his other paw. Monster let out a mighty bellow of pain as he saw a many colored furred creature dodge his swipe. Many Fur went flying in the wake of his attack, and before the other creatures could attack again, Monster raised one paw and slammed it onto the ground. He knew now that Red Blue Pelt and Purple Pelt were pack-enemies. Monster watched them scramble to get back up when Many Fur morphed its (her?) paws into sharp flat things. Many Fur quickly lunged at him, and the sharp flat things bit into his scales. Monster shrieked in pain, flinging his tail out to push back the pack-enemies.

He turned to face his pack-enemies. They had been joined by two more, a blue creature that seemed to be controlling water and a green creature that blended in a bit with the environment. Although the group outnumbered him, Monster knew that they could not beat him. The call to head towards the sand place (beach?) and the house was even stronger now, so Monster disregarded the weird twoleg creatures and continued his journey to the beach.