Chapter 31: Yearning

Y/n's POV
I decided to mess around some with my magic as I danced, creating oceans of the deep color around me. I had gotten pretty good since the last time I practiced with The Puppeteer. Honestly, with how much I've worked and learned, I'm not so sure Pup could have taught me anything more. I'd need something, someone, more skilled to train me if I want to learn more of what I do.
     I thought about that for a moment as I continued dancing to the melodious song. Would Zalgo know anything? Could he teach me?
     I thought a little bit more about it as I started singing to the song. I stopped Dancing as I did so. I decided I would ask Zalgo about it. It wouldn't hurt, and if he really could teach me it could give us something fun to do since currently he's my only source of entertainment besides my dancing and singing.
     I peek out the crack of the door of the dance studio, looking around. I opened the door and walked out, starting to look for Zalgo. I looked around, the place was huge. I hadn't got to explore the bulk of the Slendermansion, but I could tell that Zalgo's was more like a castle than a mansion. The ceiling is a lot higher and there was generally more space.
I turn, trying to see more of the area only to come face-to-face with a shadowy creature. I shriek, surprised, but calm down.
"Why the hell are you out? I thought Zalgo would have taken care of you already," the creature started circling around me.
"What? I have no idea what you're-"
"Silence! I don't want to hear anything from a prisoner," it interrupted and loomed over me.
I gulp, shrinking back. Oh I hope this thing doesn't kill me...
"Come now, slave, I'll show you to your cage," I could tell it was about to hit me.
"Enough!"
The both of us jolt at the loud, angry voice that rang out. The rest of the servants seemed to be scared as well.
The shadow-creature-thing timidly turned to face the voice, "M-Master Zalgo, I-"
"Shut up. You have no right to talk after so quickly jumping to conclusions. Leave y/n alone. She is not a prisoner. She is not a slave. Understood?" Zalgo was pissed.
The creature shakily nods.
"Out of my sight!" Zalgo roars.
The creature quickly leaves, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it was damn lucky Zalgo didn't have it killed.
I turn to look at him, "Uh- hi-"
He calms down and speaks in a normal, human voice, "Hello, y/n. Did you need something?"
I stand up straight, "Uhm, yeah actually. I wanted to talk to you about something."
"What is it?"
I swallow, "uh- well I was wondering... since I've completed all the training I can at the Slendermansion, I was wondering.... uh... do you know anything else? Anything more advanced about Doll stuff?"
I was looking away, prodding my foot at the ground.
Zalgo thinks for a moment, "Hmm... well I can't say I know much... I don't think I can teach you anything more, but I could open a bigger opportunity to use you magic."
I look up at him, "huh? What do you mean?"
"Well, your magic comes out through singing and dancing, right?" He asks.
I nod, "uh-huh."
He continues, "I could arrange for a Ball to take place so you could try out your abilities there."
I process what he said, "wait- you have those?"
He nods, "yes. I would have to plan everything, as well as see to a gown for you, but I could do it if you'd like."
My eyes light up, "okay! That sounds really fun!"
He smiles, "Alright, I'll see to it then."
I smile at him before awkwardly asking, "Um... Zalgo?"
"Yes, y/n?"
"Mind if I stick around with you? I... kinda don't wanna be by myself..." I was freaked out by the encounter with the shadow creature.
"You don't have to worry about any more mishaps like that, but if you wish to you may accompany me." He said.
I give him a shy smile, "thank you."
He chuckles, "Of course."