Chapter 13 - A Night To Remember

Y/N POV

The homecoming dance is tonight. Dylan is picking you up at 7 and you have spent the last several hours priming and preparing yourself.

You wash and condition your hair so that it is silky smooth and apply a face mask which leaves your skin glowing. You paint your long nails and rid your body of every single bit of hair.

All this effort wasn't for Dylan's benefit, of course. You were hoping to attract the attention of someone else entirely tonight.

You carefully remove the dress you have bought especially for the occasion from your wardrobe. As you run your fingers over the soft material, you feel a jolt of excitement. You can't wait to see what it looks like on. You hurriedly step into it, fasten the delicate zipper and turn to look at the result in the mirror.

It's perfect. The blood red velvet material clings to your body, accentuating every curve and showing off the figure you usually tried to hide. The thigh high slit up one side elongates your already endless legs and gives a flash of skin. The delicately thin spaghetti straps show off your prominent collar bones and the plunging neckline gives just a hint of your ample cleavage.

You curl your long hair into loose waves that cascade down your back. You add blush and highlight to your cheekbones and finish off your look with a dark red lipstick to match your dress.

You grin at your reflection in the mirror, more than satisfied with your appearance. You look good. Really good. Older. Sophisticated. A woman. There was no way Mr Ren would be able to resist you.

You glance at the clock. 6.50. Dylan would be here soon. You grab your clutch bag and head downstairs.

Dad is glued to the soccer on tv and doesn't even notice you walk into the room. You make a point of standing right in front of him, blocking his view.

'So, what do you think?' you say, giving him a twirl.
He looks up at you. 'Wow, honey, you look...I mean...don't you think that dress is a little...old...for you?'
You roll your eyes. 'I'm not a child anymore Dad. I'm nearly 18. Everyone dresses like this.'
'You'll always be my little girl.'

Dad looks at you sadly and you don't know how to reply. For a moment, there's an awkward silence between you, which you are saved from by the doorbell ringing.

'That'll be Dylan.'
'Oh. Your date. Right.' Dad puts down his half empty beer can and switches the TV off. Apparently he means business.

You open the front door. Dylan is standing on your porch looking somewhat...underwhelming. His suit is miles too big for him, clearly borrowed from his father and his brown shoes are scuffed on the toes.

When he sees you, his jaw drops open.
'Holy shit. Y/N, you look...fucking incredible.'
You blush, secretly thrilled with his reaction. 'Thanks, Dylan. You look...nice.'

Dad appears behind you and places a protective hand on your shoulder. He has a stern look on his face that is completely out of character.

'Dylan is it?' he extends his arm to shake his hand. Since when was your Dad so...formal?
'Yes, Sir.'
'Make sure you look after my daughter tonight. I want her back here by 11, not a minute after.'
'Yes, Sir. Of course.'
'Alright.' Dad's expression relaxes. 'Well, you kids have fun.'
'Bye Dad!' you wave as Dylan leads you to his car.