forty eight out of fifty

"heyyy, can i talk to you?" jay asked minha who's smiling while looking at jake and yoonji asleep while yoonji's leaning on jake's shoulder and jake's making sure she doesn't fall off by putting his arm around her back and his hand on her shoulder.

"oh um.. sure." minha says as jay smiles slightly at her before sitting down beside her.

"are you okay?" jay asked as minha looks at him before laughing and nodding.

"wait.. no, i'm not okay." minha says immediately changing her answer as jay's smile faded before pursing his lips together.

"i'm sorry you had to like the wrong guy." jay says all of the sudden making minha's brows furrow before looking at him.

"are you trying to comfort me or are you making fun of me?" minha asked making jay freeze and gulp before shaking his head no.

"it's just that i feel really bad for you and i wouldn't want to be in your shoes since-"

"jay just.. shhhh." minha says making jay shush and nod.

"i'm trying my best to be happy for them right now but you're making it harder for me to do that." minha says making jay hum all of the sudden.

"what?" minha asked as she went back to jake and yoonji's direction.

"what would you do if you were in her shoes?" jay asked himself as he just kept staring at her while she's staring at the two.

"aish.. that's going to make her feelings hurt even more." jay thought as he sneakily covers her eyes startling minha.

"what do you wantttt??" she asked as she's lowkey getting annoyed with jay making jay let out a sigh.

"stop trying your best to be happy for them right now because you don't have to do that." jay says making minha confused at first as she removed jay's hand that blocked her sight and faced him.

"what are you talking about?" minha asked as he smiles slightly before patting the girl's back.

"moving on's not an easy thing especially when it comes to people that made you feel both amazing and shitty." jay says as minha lets out a hum before nodding.

"are you saying that i still need more time then to move on?" minha asked as jay nods.

"you shouldn't rush yourself to be happy for them even if you're not on the inside at the moment because i'm pretty sure that even yoonji knows how heartbroken you probably are seeing them like that." jay says making minha bite her lip before nodding.

"aren't you hungry? i saw how you didn't eat that much earlier.." jay asked since he remembers how humans usually solve their problems or lessen their sadness through food.

"kindda." minha admits while she's still looking down making jay stand up and take this as his chance to yeet fast and grab some food from the kitchen before going back to minha.

"ooohh thanks." minha says as jay nods.

"by the way, why are you telling me all of this all of the sudden? i know i sound rude but we're not really close but right now you're trying to comfort me." minha asked making jay shrug.