Romeo and Juliet *part 1* (Mob boss!AU, Tom Holland)

Start from the beginning

"Kisses taste different with blood in your mouth." He whispered.

"Yeah, well, I wonder who's to blame for that." I mumbled. He nodded, the cocky smirk never leaving his lips as he stood back up straight and turned to start walking towards his men.

"Tape her mouth shut, I'm tired of listening to her." He stated.

"Fuck you, Tom. My father will be after you the moment that he sees what you've done to me." I nodded, getting in as many words as possible as his thugs walked towards me.

"You can't seriously think that your father is a match for me!" he laughed. I scowled, yelling out once more before one of the thugs pressed a fresh piece of duct tape against my mouth, silencing me once again. Tom looked at me and bit his lip.

"I've had enough of her ruining our plans. Let's see how her body looks at the bottom of the Thanes." He nodded. My eyes widened, screams and yells of protest immediately leaving my lips. But none of it made it past the duct tape. The thugs cut my legs free, though keeping my hands tied as they hauled me up. I continued to yell and scream, all of it failing to sound coherent as the men dragged me away, Tom just watching on with a smirk on his lips.

The men carried me along the bank of the Thanes, me squirming and wriggling in their grip as one held my legs and the other carried me by my waist. I continued to scream and shout, though they'd been smart enough to keep the duct tape on so that I couldn't be heard. I just hoped that everyone was where they were supposed to be.

"You ready, Steve?" the one carrying my legs asked.

"Let's do it." He nodded. I screamed out, not giving up the fight as they launched me into the air. I took a deep breath in anticipation for what was about to come. I hit the water and started to sink, my limbs desperately flailing. But it was hard with my ankles and wrists being tied together. I looked up, relief washing over me as someone jumped into the water and started swimming towards me. Harrison got to me, his arms wrapping around my waist before he started pulling me back up to the surface. We broke the water's surface, both of us coughing and taking deep breaths as Harrison pulled the duct tape off of my mouth and started to swim us back to the edge.

"I know that I say this every time, but I'm going to fucking kill him." I scoffed and shook my head.

"I don't blame you. Throwing you into the river was a bit much, even I'll admit that. But you know that I always have your back." He reassured as he picked me up and put me onto the concrete before climbing out himself.

"And I thank you for that, Haz." I smiled. He returned it and nodded as he cut my ankles and wrists free, allowing me to finally stand up.

"Let's go." He spoke, making me nod as we left the bank of the river.

I stood in the bathroom, picking bits of seaweed out of my hair as I waited for him to get home. As if on cue, I heard the door open.

"Y/N?! Babe, you here?!" I heard his voice call. I walked out, Tom coming into my view. He saw me and sighed in relief.

"Thank god that you're okay." He nodded as he rushed to me and took my face before gently pressing our lips together. I returned it without hesitation and smiled into it.

"I always am, you know that Haz has our backs. But even he said that having me thrown into the river was too much." I scoffed and shook my head. Tom nodded and smiled sheepishly.

"I know, sorry about that. But my dad is growing suspicious. He keeps asking why I keep being able to kidnap you but never kill you, he knows that that's not like me. So, I had to be seen attempting to kill you. It's not my fault that you escaped." He shrugged as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I sighed and bit my lip at him.

"Tommy, we can't go on like this. One of these days, we're actually going to kill each other by accident, or someone will find out and have us both killed anyway. We need to figure out a way to make this work." I spoke.

"You know that we can't, darling. We're the heirs to the two biggest mobs in London, and our families are sworn rivals. They can't find out that we've only been pretending to kill each other for the last five years, let alone that we sleep together and are in love." He sighed. I nodded and looked down.

"Hey." He spoke softly as he gently hooked his finger underneath my chin and made me look back up at him.

"Once we're the leaders, we can be together. We just have to survive until then." He reassured.

"Tommy, our fathers are relatively young, they could both stay the leaders for another ten years, at least." I scoffed.

"My point is that we just have to hold on, okay? We can be together soon enough, I promise. We'll find a way." He nodded. I bit my lip and looked at him.

"Okay, Tommy. We'll find a way." I reiterated.

"That we will, darling." He smiled. I returned it, biting my lip again as I left his arms but gently took his hand before starting to pull him towards the bathroom. His eyebrows furrowed at me.

"What are you doing, sweetheart?" he chuckled.

"Well, you see, my dumbass boyfriend had his thugs throw me in the Thanes, and so I need a bath. But I haven't had one yet." I shook my head. Tom raised his eyebrows.

"Now that's an invitation that I'll never turn down." He smirked, making me laugh and squeal as he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder before carrying me into the bathroom and shutting the door.