24.

I woke up the next day with a severe back ache

I guess that's what happens when you sleep in a fucking library.

I looked around and see a few people still asleep.

Like Jisoo, Suga hyung and Jin hyung.

The others seemed to have woken up already.

I climbed up the staircases in the library only to find the rest of them upstairs with papers about and books open.

"What're you guys doing?" I asked a little confused till they motioned me to sit as well.

"We're going tomorrow, into the castle I mean." Rosé said as the others nodded.

"We're just going over the plan right now" Lisa informed me as I nodded looking over as well.

Around an hour passed before the other three also came upstairs and we explained the details to them as well.

The plan was simple, enter the castle through the gates, and have two people stay guard and if necessary fight the people there.

Those two would be Rosé and Jin, as their powers would be hard to use against dark magic.

The rest of us would go through, and we would make our way fighting him.

It was basically a suicide mission, but it was our only option.

We haven't met the others necessarily in a while. So for the rest of the day we just trained our powers which could have been a little rusty as the two who are trained in combat practiced that.

Night came quick, too quick if I could say so.

I was sitting at a side eating whatever canned food we found in the cafeteria that wasn't expired.

Rosé came and sat next to me, and we smiled at each other.

You see we'd both been dating for a while, the others know too.

Suddenly a thought popped into my head.

"You know? I've never heard yours or Jennie's real names before, only your English one. What are your actual names?"
I asked curiously as she just gave me a 'wtaf are you talking about' look.

"You don't know?"

I nodded a no in response as she sighed.

"Chaeyoung. Park Chaeyoung"

I smiled hearing that.

"And Jennie's name is Jennie. That's her Korean given name. Kim Jennie"

"Jinjja?"

"How did you not know that. You've known her longer than me."

I shrugged in response.

"Talking about unnie, when she had a boyfriend on earth, he used to give her flowers everyday, you should start doing that" she says and I look at her weirdly before nodding.

We talk a bit more before it was finally time to head to bed and so we did.

Tomorrow was the day.

The day we fight back for our freedom.

—-/————/

I woke up to someone yelling for us to get up and saw that everyone was getting up as well.

"It's time"
Jennie said and we immediately got up and got ready to leave.

We only took necessities, nothing more as we set out.

We were taking a common route, so we'd have to be prepared for fights.

The reason we were doing so is because the closed routes are being guarded more than the regular routes, since they suspected no one would be stupid to do something like that in the middle of everything.

Hi we're stupid.

As we all finished getting ready we nodded at each other before leaving through the doors, of the library.

No one was in the school at all, and we all had our hoods up as we walked through the streets.

Casually a creature would come here and there, but they were small enough for us to take care of them.

Soon we made it through to the passageway, which by the looks was basically an underground tunnel.

We stepped down on by one, as I went third and helped Chaeyoung down.

As we all stepped down, it was time for the first parting.

Rosé put up
Vines barricades at the entrance preventing access for others unless they destroyed them.

They all hugged and told each other to stay safe and such, inspirational words and whatnot.

When it was my turn to get to Rosé, I put my forehead against hers with my hand holding the side of her face.

"You need to stay safe, yeah? We still have a burger date to get to" I said not noticing the tears pricking my eyes.

I saw hers were threatening to fall so I gave her a short kiss and hug before it was time to part.

We walked through, carefully Not making any sounds as we finally
Made it through to the other side.

Everyone climbed through carefully, not realising we accidentally made it into a pit of shadow creatures.

"Well shit" I heard someone whisper curse.

"We'll take care of these, go on" Suga and Hoseok hyung say.

I disagreed however,.

"I'll stay as well. You go on"
I said to the others as they looked at us and give us a nod.

"Stay safe"
Is the last thing we uttered together before we faced off against the creatures by ourselves as they slowly faded away by walking.