23.

I was in the palace, the one we were left with that contained absolutely no power

It's not like he needed it, and we couldn't even leave.

We were trapped.

We could have used portals to leave, but no one dared to enter fearing their safety.

It wasn't as if we'd blame them either.

I was in my bedroom, looking out the tiny gap from the window that wasn't covered by vines.

I haven't had any contact with the people outside in the longest time, neither my parents nor I had the powers for it.

I couldn't enter people's thoughts from a distance nowhere near them, and it seems we were cut off from the Entire world.

I was growing sick and tired of waiting here, there was no hope for the people nor my family.

I knew I had to leave sooner or later, and I thought that it was best to leave as soon as I could rather than when it would be too late.

I already made up my mind as I glanced past and saw my backpack packed already with the essentials.

I just need to find someone I know who can help, so that I can find others who'll help.

I sighed grabbing the backpack and slinging it on my shoulders before leaving.

I snuck past my parents room, the only others here as the staff were taken out by us before for their safety.

I walked past over to a window I discovered earlier, having as opening big enough for me if I cut a certain section.

And so I did

I stepped through and climbed down the windowsill carefully and briefly acknowledged my first time outside.

I made my way through the streets looking at the huge difference that was there.

No one, it was deserted.

It wasn't as bright as it should've been, there was no sign of the past as they'd call it.

I was walking by on the sidewalks with my hood up, as suddenly I felt a painful force in my stomach. I was thrown to the side with a huge force as i looked around to see what it was.

I made eye contact with the one and only that hit me.

Myra, a slave under Kansar.