1. Bonfire Decisions

Start from the beginning

"Mom and dad would be upset if you do not at least get out tonight and try to have some fun Claire. Plus, you never know, you may meet your mate or at least get offered a place in the pack" Nathan looks at me hopelessly, using big bright eyes with a soft face. He is really trying to persuade me into going with that look. "You cannot stay in here all the time, you got to get out too sis and just give it a try. Please come to the bonfire, it will be super fun Claire. I want to take you out on your birthday since you won't let me get you a gift. Besides I will be there the entire time. Once you are ready to leave, we can come home; however, I think you will have so much fun and maybe you will meet some other members of the pack or make some friends." He raises his brow at me and crossing his arms over his chest, trying to get his point across.

Okay now Nathan is hitting low ball on the friends comment at the end.

Sighing and shrugging my shoulders, "I will think about it. Okay?" Nice, I must be a sucker for his puppy dog face, which is not fair he is never phased when I use that face on him. So much for being firm on not wanting to go, now I will have to up the game in he keeps on my case. Wonder if I play sick will he stop nagging me to go? I could come with something convincing, surely. The flu does just come on all of a sudden right?

Nathan smiled softly at me before he turns to my door. I watch as he walks out shutting my bedroom door as he leaves. Turning to lookback out my window to see a few birds are still flying around but their songs are starting to fade. Sighing, I close my eyes, seriously I need to clear my mind, this is driving me crazy, all this wondering about my future. Okay Claire, one step at a time is what you need todo. Opening my eyes with that thought I look out to see it is going to be a clear day. Turning to look at the clock seeing it is 8:48a.m,well a run will do some good.

Walking over to my closet, I see my running shoes, grabbing them and closing the door to my closet. Going downstairs I walk to the back door, bending down to slip my shoes on. Standing back up to pull my hair back to put it in a quick ponytail. Opening the door as I finish putting my hair up, I slip outside. Right now, I am beyond grateful I am out here and did not run into my parents. At least I am out on the back deck now. Pulling my arms over my head, feeling the gentle stretch of my muscles as they warm up from the movement. Walking out into the yard, I push my legs out to feel the muscles loosen up as well. I set out in a slow jog heading towards the woods.

Feeling the wind as a light breeze ruffles the leaves around me, smelling the musty leaves and the crunch they leave behind as my feet pound into the earth. The autumn air is just what I needed as my mind is finally slowing down. Time feels endless out here, nothing but nature. Slowing the pace down to a brisk walk, I made my way to the turnaround tree my brother made for me. It has the same yellow ribbon around the trunk, that he put there several years back. Feeling the hard bark as I lean back against the tree, stopping for just a moment to watch two birds off in the distance flying together, seems like they are dancing in the wind. If I could love someone that freely, would it be like dancing in the wind? Sinking down to the ground with a sigh. Great! Now I am jealous over birds, but their life seems so easy in this moment, doubt they are worried about fitting into their world. My stomach starts churning as my mind wonders over all of the never-ending circle of questions within my head and not a single one I can answer.

Taking in a deep breath, I release the air out through my mouth. Well, there is no point in dwelling in the fact I can't answer my own questions. Turning back to the path to go back to the house, I take back off in a slow jog.

Making my way to the back door I bend down to take my shoes off and open the door. Walking up to my room, I place my shoes back in the closet and grab a pair of jeans and shirt for the day. Turning to the bathroom I go in and shut the door behind me quickly turning the lock, just in case anyone else decides to just march into my room. Placing the new set of clothes on the counter by the sink and turning on the water for it to warm up. I shred the sweaty clothes off, throwing them into the hamper. I step into the warm water while it cascades across my body feeling like paradise. Grabbing the washcloth and start to lather my body with the enhancing cherry blossom smell. Rinsing off quickly and turning the water off, I grab a towel and swiftly dry off watching the vent in the room seeing if it comes on. Throwing the towel into the hamper I set out to dress as fast as I possibly can.