1.2

She had killed a man, she didn't feel regret or mercy, she actually quite enjoyed the rush it gave her. Killing someone who did the same to other, innocent people. It felt like the perfect karma for him. She thought about the red kiss she had left on his cheek, deciding then and there that if she was to kill more bad men she'd always leave a red kiss on their cheek. To her it was a symbol. A symbol to show that woman are capable of committing unspeakable acts as well, showing people that women can be tough as well.

~~~~

Allison had been awake for most of the night, smoking cigarettes while feeling content with where she was now. Benny woke up once during the night, asking her if she was okay and falling back into a deep sleep after she nodded.

When the morning came Allison had only slept for about 3 hours, she felt incredibly tired but was also excited for the day ahead of her. She looked up at Benny, smiling softly at his sleeping form. Before she even knew she was doing it she placed a tiny kiss on his shoulder before quickly getting up, not wanting Benny to find out.

When she got out of the shower Benny was awake, sitting up on the bed and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Morning sunshine" He grinned when he saw Allison walk out of the bathroom giving her a cheeky wink. "Morning Benny" She rolled her eyes at him before letting out a light laugh.

"Ready to get out of this place?" She asked him as he got up from the bed, grabbing his clothes and walking towards the bathroom. "After a shower I will be" He looked back at Allison who took a cigarette from the pack on her nightstand. "You better hurry up or I'll leave without you" She told him before he closed the bathroom door.

~~~~

A little while later they were at the town's stables saddling their horses as a panicked woman came running in. "Someone was killed in the next town over" She told everyone frantically. Benny furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before looking at Allison. "We should go check it out" Allison felt panic bubble in her stomach, scared Benny would find out it was her. She forced out a smile and gave Benny a small nod, thinking she'd be less suspicious if she just went along with it.

As they were riding towards the next town Benny was going on and on about what could've happened and how someone would've been able to kill someone and get away with it, calling whoever did it extremely smart and probably a very talented killer, the latter didn't really sound like something good to Allison but she silently accepted the compliments he didn't know he was giving her.

~~~~

As soon as the rode into the town it was obvious the killing had been made in the hotel, seeing as people were all gathered around the entrance. Benny got down from his horse, signalling Allison to follow him. They walked towards the group of people, Allison holding onto Benny's arm to make sure they wouldn't get separated by the crowd. Benny pushed past the people, suddenly coming to a halt when he saw whose body everyone was looking at. He looked back at Allison in shock, not looking at her long enough to notice her expression of shock was obviously fake.

Benny walked closer, ignoring the people who tried to hold him back. He examined the body, looking at the bullet wound on his head and at the red kiss on his cheek. He turned to Allison once again, trying to process what he just found out. "A woman killed Griffin" The disbelief was evident in his voice. Allison blinked a few times at him, her face completely blank. "Women are capable as well" Was all she was able to bring out. Benny gave her a weirded out look before turning back to the body.

~~~~

After deciding to not stay in the town any longer since everyone was quite down they were back on their horses, riding through the deserted landscape. Allison rode behind Benny, letting out a sigh and dropping the reins, putting all her trust in Hades not suddenly running off. Benny looked back at her, wondering what was going through her head. She seemed different today, not as free spirited and open as usual. He concluded she was hiding something from him and he was determined to find out what it was.

He slowed Oakley down a little so he was right next to Allison. "What's up buttercup?" Allison cringed at what he just called her and turned her head to the side so she could look at him. "What do you mean? Nothing is up" She quickly defended herself, knowing Benny figured out she was hiding something. "Come on Allison, you're hiding something from me" Allison frowned, debating if she should tell him or not. "You know you can tell me anything right?" She frowned deciding she'd tell him, even if it meant he'd abandon her.

"I killed Griffin" Benny immediately brought Oakley to a stop, looking at her wide eyed. "You did what?" Allison looked away from him, not wanting to be confronted by his stare. "I couldn't let him kill anymore innocent people and let him get away with it" She put on a brave face and looked Benny in the eyes, expecting to be met with an judging stare but instead his eyes were soft and slightly filled with admiration for the woman. "So that's your thing now? Killing bad guys in cold blood?" Allison let out a small chuckle at his question. "I guess it could be. You'd be my side kick then?" Now it was Benny's turn to chuckle, feeling glad Allison decided she trusted him enough to tell him. "Of course I'd be your side kick, I bet anyone would be a pretty woman's sidekick" Allison felt her cheeks heat up at him calling her pretty.

~~~~

A/N; A little on the short side, I'm sorry!:( First of all I'd like to wish all of you a happy new year! This year is gonna be better than the last year:) Second of all I want to thank everyone who's reading this story like 1K reads??? That's insane and I never expected this book to get that many reads. Thank you all sososo much for taking the time out of your day to read what I write, I love you <3