0.4

"Wait!" He stopped and turned to look at her, a questioning look on his face. "Would you help me with Hades?" She asked, desperate for someone to help her gain the horse's trust. He gave her a smile. "After we check on Beth I will."

~~~~

After checking on Beth, who seemed to be alright, Allison and Benny walked towards the stables together. "You and Hades will make a great team." Benny said, looking at her. She gave him a small smile. "I hope so."

She stepped into the stable, holding out her hand with some treats. She really thought the stallion wasn't gonna fall for this old trick, but surprisingly he did. The horse gently took the treats from her hand while she quickly slipped the halter on him. She looked at Benny, who was just standing there smiling at her. He gave her a nod and stepped aside so she could lead the horse out of his stable.

"Give him a treat every now and then so he knows he's doing good." Benny told her as she started to brush Hades. The horse moved around a bit, but the treats definitely helped.

After brushing the horse she managed to tack him up without too much trouble. When she finished tacking Hades up she felt something being placed on her head. She turned around, taking the thing placed on her head off to see what it was. "Wanna go for a ride?" Benny asked her, standing in front of her. "Sure!" She smiled.

They rode in a peaceful silence. Both of them admiring the stunning views. Hades turned out to be a pretty nice horse to ride, he wasn't at all what Allison expected after Benny told her he was cheeky. She enjoyed it though, not having to keep her guard up all the time just in case the horse decided to act up. Benny stopped his horse. A large field stretched out in front of them. "Race you all the way over the field?" Benny grinned at her, obviously thinking he'd win. "Loser buys the winner a drink." As soon as those words left her lips she and Hades raced away. Leaving Benny behind in a cloud of dust.

"I can't believe I lost!" Benny exclaimed, dismounting Oakley. "Guess you owe me a drink now." She said, sending a wink his way. He laughed and rolled his eyes at her.

After putting the horses away the walked to the village located next to the ranch. The walk wasn't quiet as it usually was, the two of them chatted away about everything and nothing, taking the chance to get to know each other better.

"Here we are!" Benny said, swinging open the saloon doors. It was quite lively inside, people were chatting pretty loudly to make sure the person they were talking to could hear them over the blaring music. Benny sat down on one of the barstools, gesturing for Allison to come and sit next to him. "What will it be?" The bartender asked as he came up to them. "Whiskey please." She smiled at the bartender, looking at Benny to see what he'd order. "Same as her please." The bartender gave him a nod and grabbed 2 whiskey glasses, pouring the whiskey in and putting the glasses down in front of them. "Enjoy!" He said as he walked to the next customer.

A few drinks in they were both a little tipsy, laughing at everything they said. That is until someone came storming in. Everything fell quiet. "Griffin is coming." The person said, trying to make the words sound as clearly as possible through their panic.

"Shit." Benny got up, grabbing Allison's arm and dragging her out of the saloon, back to the ranch. "You know how to work a gun?" He asked her as they stepped into his hut. She nodded, thinking back to the shooting lessons her father made her take. "So you know what to do when someone breaks into the house." He had told her. Never had she needed that particular skill but right now she was glad she had it.

Benny unlocked a cabinet with a key that he hid who knows where. As he opened it Allison's eyes widened, the entire cabinet was filled with guns. He gave her a handgun and a rifle. He took 2 handguns himself. "Don't leave my side, don't get hurt and please try to actually hit people, don't shoot blindly." She nodded, her heart pounding in her chest. For some reason she didn't think these things actually happened in real life.

Soon enough they heard hoof beats coming closer and closer. Benny looked at her, silently asking if she was ready. She gave a confident nod and grabbed the rifle, getting in position to shoot.

~~~~
A/N; Picture above is kinda where they raced yk:) Anyway wasn't really sure if i wanted to add a gun fight but felt like it'd be pretty cool even though i have no idea where i'm going with this