12

"Solitude, isolation, are painful things, and beyond human endurance

"Solitude, isolation, are painful things, and beyond human endurance."
-Jules Verne

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Midnight. Astronomy tower.

Anna was admiring the night sky, taking a deep breath of the clean and crisp air. She didn't have Astronomy class that day, but she really missed visiting the tower. She couldn't help it.

Visiting the tower on the first day of school was tradition for Anna. Tom would accompany her and they would both sit at the edge of the balcony, not at all worried on the possibility of falling.

It was the most peaceful night she has ever had.

Anna feels the tears fall, her shoulders shaking as she sobs into the night sky. Her cries were silent as she slips to the ground, hugging her knees.

She hated her father. He ripped her away from her life, forcing her to start over, ripping her away from the man she loved.

Grindelwald ruined her life and she's happy that he's rotting in a cell.

She's not going to defend him any longer. What he did wasn't love or protection, it was pure selfishness.

And Anna could say that he was a worried father, she could even try to convince herself that it was true but it wasn't, it was all a bloody lie, he took everything from her.

And in some twisted way, she still loves him, because he is still her father, whether she likes it or not.

....

Past. 40 years ago.

The year 1937.

Anna was 9 years old, thin as a twig and eyes bigger then her head. Her hair was pulled up in a ballerina bun. Her soft blue dress, long and covering her cute black shoes.

Anna sat at the bench besides her window, staring down at the children playing just outside the garden.

Anna's book laid forgotten at her feet as she curls into herself. Anna longed to play with the little girls holding dolls and toy trains.

The smiles on their faces made Anna envy them. Even as they ruin their dresses by stomping in the mud.

She really wanted to be outside, doing what they are doing, even if it means ruining her favorite dress, she wanted to stomp on the mud. She just wanted to be a normal girl and not some freak stuck in her own metaphorical tower.

Anna jumps off the bench and she runs towards her fathers study, bursting through the doors without knocking.

Grindelwald looks up with a smile of amusement, already used to this little display. It's Anna's way of announcing herself.

Grindelwalds footmen looks at Anna with bemusement, he was used to it as well, at first it bothered him but there was no stopping the young girl. He was grateful that Grindelwald didn't kill him for it.

"What is it my little Star." Grindelwald asks, he was seated at his desk, with dozens of letters infront of him. He silently placed his quill down onto his desk as Anna makes her way towards him, her little shoes clicking on the marble floor.

Anna squirms her way onto her fathers lap, making Grindelwald chuckle, silently making room for the little Grindelwald.

Many have told Gellert that Anna was his little twin, with her gorgeous white locks and fair complexion but he couldn't see it. Yes Anna had his hair color, but that's where it ended for him, Anna inherited all her beauty from her mother.

Queenie Goldstein was absolutely stunning and so was his daughter.

"Papa, I'm bored, I know I have my books and my lessons but it's lonely in my room, the maids are too old and mum is too busy. I'd like to play with kids my age." Anna says

"But there are no other children in the manor, and there never will be, sorry my dear but it's for your safety." Grindelwald says

Anna shakes her head, eyes widening, hoping that it would cause her father to melt.

"I know it is but I see the kids playing outside and I just wish I can be out there with them." Anna says

Grindelwalds eyes harden at the thought of his daughter outside. "Your not going outside Annabelle, it's too dangerous, and bad men want to hurt you and take you away from here so they can use you too hurt me." Grindelwald says

Anna deflates when she notices that his word was final, her eyes water. "I'm so sorry papa, I won't ask again." Anna says, sliding off her fathers lap, running off.

Grindelwald sighs, running a hand down his face.

....

Present.

He stopped a nine year old girl from have a normal childhood, just because he was scared.

Anna knows he tired hard to be a good father but he stopped being that good father when he took her away from her only happiness.