01

"Ash, two sand and one burg for table number 4!" Jack shouts from the other end of the room. As soon as I was about to head into the kitchen my eyes fall on Jack's lips, curled up to a grin, looking in front of him. I wonder the reason why?

"Soon" I shout back and get into the kitchen, shoving the pen inside my pocket.

As I get inside the kitchen, my eyes go wide when I see Carter dancing to a random song with a teaspoon held in her hand. Her eyes are shut close, taking in the music. The long blond hair that she puts up to a bun is slightly loose for her dance.

The others in the room are busy with their work with a few of them humming to the song and few tapping their feet but none of them are like Carter. Gradually the song comes to end and before the other song comes to play I grab the remote that's kept on the table and push the red button, silencing the entire kitchen, everyone looks at me, only few boiling, frying and chipping sounds are heard.

The sudden change in the environment forces Carter to open her blue eyes in confusion and stare into mine. Others get back to their work without bothering anymore. She frowns at me and takes a step forward for snatching the remote from my hand but I was quick to hide it behind my back. She gives up in frustration and moves back to her place, still facing me.

"What?" She huffs, opening her long curly blond hair and tying it back to a perfect bun.

"Two sandwich and one burger" I murmur out the order for table number 4 and she doesn't argue anymore for me stopping the song. She slowly walks to the sink and washes her hand before starting with her work.

"Right, where's Jack by the way?" she nods and and goes to grab things for the order.

"Your step brother is at table number 4, and point to be noted, he was grinning way too much than usual." I inform her, leaning my back on the table and keeping the remote on its usual place.

"Oh, is it?" Carter laughs at the information and rubbing her hands in the apron, wrapped around her waist, then grabbing a tomato and slicing it.

"It is. Must have seen some girls" I laugh along with her as she nods to my comment.

"Probably" she says and puts the bun on the top to finish the burger and whispers, "Done." and lets out a sigh.

She then puts the sandwiches and the burger on the plates, then on the tray and walks up to me holding the tray in her grip. I stand up straight and take the tray from her hand.

"Hold it tight and please don't throw it" she scoffs making me remember the last time, by mistake I threw the plate on a customer. Not only was I embarassed but annoyed because from that moment Carter is always warning me out.

"That was a mistake, you know" I roll my eyes and hold the tray.

I turn my back to her and as I left the table completely, I hear the music again playing, making me hundred percent sure that Carter took the remote from the table and played the song. I stop at my place, hearing Carter laugh loudly but I don't turn back, instead I walk out of the kitchen, giggling to myself.

After leaving the kitchen, I was just going to call for Jack or the table number so that he comes and takes away the order, but instead I moved myself to table no. 4, to see the reason for his grinning face which was steadily increasing, a little more and he'll cause a chelsea smile.

"Your nailpolish looks beautiful" I can hear Jack complementing someone, as I stepped closer. Soon, my vision was clear with Jack's small brown hair and three pretty ladies near my age. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at Jack for not moving to any other table but here. But I smirk to myself for guessing the correct reason for him grinning, right.