70

It's a few days before New Years and the guys are waiting for their Covid test results.  "I wonder when we'll get the results"Jay said.  "I hope soon".  A knock came to the door and Zak answered it to see someone waiting there with a mask and gloves on.  "Is Aaron Goodwin and Rachel Bagans here?".  Rachel who was working with the guys during the pandemic stood up with Aaron. "You two tested positive for Covid we need to put you two in quarantine". 

"Can I have a second?" Rachel asked.  "Sure" as Aaron went to the car.  "Zak can you take care of the boys untill I'm out of quarantine?" she asked.  "I will; here take my laptop" Zak replied.  She gave Zak a hug and left as Zak sat down.  "This suck".  "Yeah, but they may have tested positive, but they not come down with symptoms like Zak did during Thanksgiving" Billy suggested.  "I just hope you're right I have to go get the boys" and Zak left.

That night after the boys went to bed Zak called his mother.  "Zakary how nice to hear from you" she remarked.  "Mom this isn't a social call we all got tested including Rachel who's been working with us.  She and Aaron tested positive they're in quarantine right now".  "What about the boys?".  "She asked me to watch them until this is over, but I'm frighten mom what if she developed symptoms and dies from this.  It's like dad's death all over again with me" (NOTE: READ NIGHTMARE IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ZAK IS TALKING ABOUT) he replied as tears fell down his face. 

"Don't think that way Zakary she'll be all right I'm coming over tomorrow" she remarked.  "Thanks mom" and hung up.  The next day as Zak was outside Jay and Billy showed up.  "Why so quiet where are the kids?".  "My mom took them to her house have you heard anything yet?"Zak asked as they sat down.  "I talked to Aaron's father so far, they haven't shown any symptoms yet" Billy replied.  "I kept having nightmares of walking into a Covid ward and seeing my sister there fighting for her life than standing there as she dies" Zak remarked as tears fell down his face.

"Zak don't think that way they're both going to be all right".  "I hope so" Zak replied wiping the tears from his face.  That afternoon Zak was walking Gracie when his phone rang.  "Hello hey Billy, I'll meet you at the warehouse I have to bring the kids thou.  All right" and hung up.  When Zak got to his mother's house the kids were ready to go home.  "We have to make a stop at my work than we'll go home"Zak stated. 

"All right do you know when mom's coming home" Patrick inquired.  "Soon guys" as Zak tried not to cry.  When they got to the warehouse Aaron's father showed up as well.  "Zakary what are you doing here and who are these two boys".  "My nephews Patrick and Matthew guys this is Aaron's father".  "Hi" they stated with smiles.  "What are you doing here?"Zak inquired.  "Jay asked me to come over why don't we both go in" he replied.  When they walked in Zak nearly fell to the ground when he saw his sister and Aaron.

"W-w-what is going on I thought you two were in quarantine?"Zak stated as the boys hugged their mother.  "It was a false positive" Aaron remarked as Aaron's father hugged him.  Rachel walked over to Zak and hugged him as Zak started to cry.  "I-I was so scared I was going to lose you" he said softly.  "That thought did cross my mind but if god forbid, I know my boys will be cared for and it won't be your fault Zak remember that" wiping the tears from his face.