Chapter 19.

I ended up taking forth at that tournament. I know, not my best. But that was the beauty and the joy of wrestling. They gave me a flimsy medal- a cheap one, i could tell. It didn't say the place or anything on it, not like it really mattered to me. I was happy that i got to finally go home- and start Thanksgiving break. They gave us off almost the entire week for practice, except Friday, and Saturday. Thank God, because at this point, I really needed it.

But, the highlight of my day was Mr. Wilson pulling me over to the side, and he told me that I had been selected as one of the team captains. Boy, did that feel good, getting that title. It made me feel like all of my hard work was paying off, i felt like I was doing something right for once. As i placed my medal on my desk as i got home later that night, all i did was flop into bed, exhausted. I didn't even take a shower, discusting- and I pulled my fuzzy blanket over my head, and just layed there. Tomorrow i would be so sore from all of that. Well, at least we only had two more days until thanksgiving.

*********

The next morning i awoke to a lot of heavy banging, and someone cussing outloud. I moaned,  waking up from a good dream too. Opening my door, I stuck my head out to see who was in the hallway. It was Avery, and she was carrying boxes up the stairs. It seemed as if she was struggling to, but somehow she made it up. 

"Avery?"

I called out to her, and she flinched a bit.

"Savannah!" She looked happy to see me standing there.

"Good morning!"

"Wait, you're moving in already?" I slowly made my way over to Cam's room, peeking inside. The place was an absolute mess. Books, clothes, papers, his guitar, pillows, blankets, stuff was just everywhere.

"Would you mind carrying a few boxes for me?"

"Sure." I scratched my head, then picked one up. It was heavy. I peeked inside of it. It was just filled with pictures. Plain pictures. There had to be hundreds of them in there.

"You can just set it anywhere." I glanced over at Cam's alarm clock on his dresser. 8:30. I should still be sleeping right now.

"Where should this go?"

Avery held up a few cheer plaques in her hand.

"Um, on the shelves maybe? Or the wall?"

I didn't feel like dealing with all of this right now. It was too early, my back hurt, my legs were killing me- and Cam was nowhere in sight, weird. Avery started humming to herself, and i took that as my cue to leave.

"Aren't you going to help?"

"I, um, I'm just really tired. Sorry."

"Oh, okay." She looked disappointed as she touched her stomach. I was going back to bed for a while. 

I needed it. 

***********

It was 5:00 before i went downstairs again. Again, my parents weren't even here. Cam and Avery were sitting at the table, with the laptop, pens and pencils, and paper. Colored paper to be more exact. Blue and pink. They were smiling and laughing at something on the screen. I tried to sneak into the kitchen, all i wanted was something to eat. Preferably a cup of hot chocolate and a bowl of pretzels. Avery didn't even have to look up- somehow she knew I was standing there.

"Savannah." She pointed to an empty chair next to her. Crap. Baby names.

"So, here are the names we've chosen. Cam thinks it's a boy, so mainly we like Taylor. Taylor Brantley Eames. Do you like it?"