Chapter 26

After to saying Yes to jays proposal, jay and Erin walk over to the photo booth. At first they told pictures but, then they started talking

Erin: you know growing up I never thought I would be the one to get married. Bunny got married so many times and it never worked out, I use to think it was a game. After living with hank and Camille, they showed me what real love looks like. I kept my walls up and guarded my heart, because I was afraid to let anyone in. You know you was the first man I let in completely, you showed me a side of myself I didn't know I had. Tonight you made me feel like I was on cloud nine. You brought some of the most important here for me, and then you tonight you professed your love for me in front of all of our friends and family. You know how much I PDA around our friends, so you know I must really love you if I do the same.

Erin walked out of the photo booth with jay holding her hand and screamed  "I LOVE YOU JAY HALSTEAD".❤️
Jay: God, I can't wait to marry you!
Erin: me either.

Jay tells everyone that they were moving the party to Molly's and that they could head over now. Hank told Jay and Erin that he would take Addison so they could celebrate with their friends. Jay and Erin headed over to Molly's, when they arrived at Molly's it was fully decorated. A banner was hung in the middle of the room it said "Congratulations Jay&Erin". There was streamers all over and white lights covering the entire ceiling.

Erin: This is so beautiful jay, you really went all out.
Jay: I couldn't have done it without a little help from the team. They were just as happy to help.
Erin: Remind me to thank them later.
Jay: let's go dance "Fiancé".
Erin: I like how that sounds, let me go request a song first.

Erin: hermann can you play "thinking out loud"
Hermann: no problem, coming right up!

Cues thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran.

Jay: I should've known.
Erin: it's one of my favorite songs and it's perfect for tonight.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks"

Erin: what made you pick New Year's Eve?
Jay: I wanted to start the year off fresh, and closer to you.
Erin: That's sweet.
Jay: not as sweet as you.
Erin: your so corny, but I love it.

"And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am"

Erin: you know I could stay like this forever.
Jay: How would that be?😁
Erin: in yours arms.

"So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are"

Erin: kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.
Jay pulled Erin into a deep passionate kiss 😘
Until he pulled back gasping for air.
Jay: I love you 😘❤️
Erin: I love you too 😘❤️

Antonio: can I have everyone's attention? I would like to propose a toast 🥂, to Erin and Jay. From the moment Halstead stepped in Intelligence and was partnered up with Erin, we knew the possibility of this day was created. After Hank told him to keep it in his pants, we all knew Hank was going to lose that battle. You have both face some serious obstacles and overcome them. The biggest obstacle you faced was when you went your separate ways, who knew 5 years later your love for each other would be way stronger. I'm proud of the people you have both become, as well as the amazing parents you both are. Congratulations 🍾 guys.

Will: I would as like to propose a toast  as well. I can't believe my little brother is engaged. I never thought he would find someone that brings out the best in him. He was okay before Erin😂😂 but when he found her I just saw a light turn on in his eyes. He became happier. I knew Erin was the one for him because when they were apart that light went away. When she returned that light was back on again. I am honored to Erin as my sister-in-law because her and Addison brings out the best in my brother and that's all I could ask for. Love you both, congratulations 🍾!

Jay: First off I wanna thank everyone who came out tonight to help make this even more special. Most of you all know the history between me and Erin, yes we went through ups and downs. I lost one of the most important people to me, and in losing her I lost my happiness, motivation, passion, and the other half of my heart. I promised myself if I ever got the chance to be with her again, I wouldn't take it for granted. I got my chance, and from that moment on that happiness, motivation and passion I had lost I got back. I also got the other half of my heart, but It grew. Not only did I get her back, she also gave me one of my greatest joys, my daughter. I am so thankful to have an amazing woman like Erin by my side and I can't wait to marry her. Love you baby❤️.

Erin: I love you ❤️. I also want to thank everyone for coming out tonight, and everyone that helped make this night unbelievably incredible. Most of you know my story if not here goes, I was a street who didn't see a future. I didn't have the best influences or mentors so, I didn't believe in the whole fairytale ending. After moving in with Hank and Camille I got a glimpse of it, but I still never thought I would find that. That was until I met Jay, he showed me a side of myself I never knew I had. He's the first man to ever really make me feel wanted and cherished. Yes we hit a rough patch, yes I did leave, but honestly I'd do it all over again because it got me here. I've never been happier with someone other than our daughter before. I can't wait till I get to call you my husband. I love you baby. ❤️