To Protect One's Own

Start from the beginning

"Hahi!" Haru blushed in embarrassment. She bowed in apology. "I'm Miura, Haru-desu!"

Tsuna wanted nothing more than for her to go away but then Yamamoto pointed out a very interesting fact. Haru was a student of Midori Middle School, judging from her uniform, that is only one of the most elite schools in Namimori. Then Reborn - that little shit - proposed that he'll allow Haru to take him away only if she answered the math problem. She tried. She failed. Then she tried to bring her father into this mess but he deems it unsolvable. There was a huge mess of Reborn being recognized as a Mathematics Genius known as Professor Boreen - for serious? He admitted that this was a tie, since the problem was unsolved. To Tsuna's relief, they won't be forced to play Russian roulette.

Mia came in then, bringing drinks with her. When she saw Haru, she paused. Then she saw Gokudera and paused again.

"Ho perso qualcosa?" She asked Tsuna ("Did I miss anything?").

He sighed and rubbed his eyes. In a tired voice - the kind that sounded like 'I'm so done and I wish I could just die' - he replied, "Sono lieto che lei ha." ("Be glad that you did.")

"L'italiano è migliore del modo," Tsuna brightened at her praise ("Your Italian is getting better by the way.").

Reborn snorted. "Egli sembra più un pollo un strangolato." Tsuna glared at him ("He sounds more like a strangled chicken.").

"I didn't know you could speak Italian Tsuna," Yamamoto said, amazed.

Tsuna blushed. "I'm still not very good at it but I understand it okay," he shyly admitted. Haru was also staring at the brunette. So he spoke Italian - terrible Italian - but it was still impressive. The girl that insulted her before set a drink in front of her. She looked up. Mia was frowning at her. Feeling guarded, Haru raised her chin defiantly at the girl.

"Yankee-chan," Haru greeted her stiffly.

"Fatuous-sama," Mia returned likewise.

"Did you just call me fat?" Haru was outraged.

"I said fatuous as in F-A-T-U-O-U-S," Mia explained slowly. Haru glared at her. They stared at each other in a silent death match.

"So what's going on?" Mia slowly asked, breaking away eye contact from the girl known as Haru.

Tsuna coughed awkwardly and wordlessly slid a piece of paper towards her. She picked it up, read it for a moment and borrowed a pencil from Yamamoto. She scribbled something on it and left it face down on the table. Mia then made a quick exit, saying that she would get an ice pack for Gokudera. Curiously, all of them looked down at the piece of paper. In neat archaic letters, it read:

SYNTAX ERROR

"Cheeky little brat," Reborn said.

🔥

How the hell did it come to this? Tsuna thought. Dripping wet with a girl confessing before him who happens to be also wet - wait, that came out so wrong. Rewind! Long story cut short, Haru ambushed him at the bridge in armored cosplay wielding a hockey stick. She'll accept the Mafia story blah blah blah, then Gokudera, Yamamoto and Mia shows up. Gokudera's natural reaction? Blow her up, which he did and sent her drowning in the river. Tsuna was shot with a Dying Will Bullet, saves her and ends up being confessed to. He would have been flattered... if Kyoko and Hana hadn't shown up.