#12 Demonstration (Lay)

Demonstration
PG-13

_____

"Where's Seungwan?" Soojung asked Lay. He took a sip of his glass and looked up innocently.

"We're done!" He shouted. The people around the cafe, started watching them thinking they were talking about their relationship.

"You mean to tell me, that you've only been together for a month yet you cut it off already?" She asked..

"What's there to break, when there wasn't really anything?" Lay asked. "What do you m-" Soojung started.

Lay cut her off by placing a finger in her lips. "It's a rhetorical question, it shouldn't be answered but rather help you open up new wonders."

"Then open up new wonders for me." Soojung said while pushing his finger away. "What I mean is, dating is different from being in an intimate relationship." He said.

"But I made sure, she was what you wanted." She replied. "Someone who's gentle but outgoing. So-"

"It's not all my fault." Lay excused. "I don't even think she liked me."

"That's what you told me about the last two relationships I got you into." Soojung replied. "What do you even do in those relationships to make them not like a guy like you?"

"Shall I demonstrate?" Lay winked. "Wh-what?!? Ani-"

Soojung was immediately pulled by Lay out of the table and held her hand tightly.

"First, I start the day by intertwining our fingers, like this." He showed in front of her eyes, his fingers holding her awkward hand. One by one he folded the fingers that was sticking out nervously.

"Then to make sure the girl won't feel awkward with me, I make sure she's comfortable." Lay then kissed the back of her hand that he was holding and pulled her closer to him.

"Yah Zhang Yixing!"  She said while trying to pull back. "We're in public."

"And you're just making things easier for me to demonstrate." Lay laughed. "After she feels embarrassed, I'll whisper sweet nothings into her ear until she let's her guard down for me."

He let go of her hand and placed it around her shoulder so he'll get a clearer view of her blushing face.

"You look like a tomato, but I don't mind as long as I know it's for me."

Soojung looked up to see Lay wearing a smirk at her continuously blushing face.

"I get it Lay! Now let go." She scolded. "But my demonstration isn't done yet." He whined.

"It's getting late, Yixing. We've been talking too long at the cafe awhile ago." Soojung pleaded. "Then I'll take you home. It's bound to be in the demo anyways."

Lay continued with his demonstration and walked Soojung home under the moonlight.

___

"Here's my stop." She said. "I'll just talk to you tomorrow for your next blind date."

Soojung turned around to open her front door when Lay spoke up once again.

"I've always stop at this action in every single date that I went to, but I think it's about time to add my last step for the demo."

She turned around to see him looking nervous compared to the bold Lay she saw throughout the years she was with him.

"Soojung-ah, please be mine, for as long as my heart beats."

"Might as well try opening new wonders in my life, right?"

"Then I'll take that as a yes."

_____