#25 Lay (@SparklingBubbleTea)

Lay
PG-13

_____

"Lay, my man!" Chen welcomed. It was the first day of school again, this time as the seniors. It made everyone in their batch really excited especially him. Lay can have a chance to boss anyone in their school without any worries.

"We have to head to the gymnasium for the orientation." Chen said.

"We're not late right?" Lay asked. "Nope, we're just going to be on time." His friend replied.

___

The two entered the gym and saw the whole high school in a mess trying to find their own batch.

"Junior high, please find your batch on the left corner. As for the juniors and seniors, our place is on the right corner."

Lay looked at the stage and saw Chrissi busy instructing the high school.

As Chen and him were making their way towards the corner a junior high suddenly bump to him, the impact too strong that it made both of them fall.

Everyone was already seated while Lay, Chen and the freshman were still on the same spot. The kid must be part of the seventh grade cause he knew nothing about how Lay acts.

"WATCH YOUR WAY PUNK!"

Chen helped him up and stared at kid down. The old high school whispered among each other about how the new ones by this time should know not to mess with our group.

"I THINK JUNIOR HIGH NEEDS A LESSON! YOU NEVER MESS WITH ME! YOU NEVER MESS WITH CHEN! YOU NEVER MESS WITH EXO!" He shouted.

Chrissi went down the stage and helped the student up. She walked to Lay and gave him a glare.

"What a grand entrance to start the school year." She said. "TO YOUR SEAT ZHANG YIXING!"

He was awakened by the sudden call of his real name and pushed he, his hands still placed on both shoulders.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT, MY NAME IS LAY!"

Chen knew exactly why he was acting that way and pulled the boy away from her.

"Lay, the other boys are there. We should sit down."

___

The next week another high school assembly was called, but this time to have an orientation about bullying.

Lay sat beside Tao and Xiumin as they waited for the assembly to start. As if the galaxy hated him so much a guy who was running fell causing the water he was holding to wet his shoes.

Unfortunately for the student, Lay grabbed him by the collar and was planning to scold him but someone had stopped him.

"Lay! Just let him go. He's new in high school." Suho took his hand of the student and guided him back to the seat.

"Thank you, Suho. Yixing hould be learning a lot today." Chrissi send while sensing daggers onto Lay.

___

Lay sat alone in the music room slamming onto the white and black keys.

"LAY YOU IDIOT! YOU SHOULDN'T LET ANYONE SCOLD YOU IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!"

He slammed on the keys again.

"You think, you're so great! You think you're everything! Why do you have to be so perfect?!?"

"I honestly hate your guts but no one deserves to be called an idiot, not even by themselves."

Lay stopped the slamming and looked to his left and saw Chrissi slightly pressing doen the keys to an unknown tune.

"The Yixing I first saw was really quiet and shy. Always with the rowdy EXO but always with a silent attitude." She said. "Did they ask you to change?"

"Only my friends can call me by my real name and for your information, EXO aren't that bad to people they know well. You should know as Suho is part of the student council." He replied.

"Then why did you have to change?" She asked.

"Am I not better? Did you not notice me more?"

"I very much loved the you who isn't this bad boy in leather. Yixing, not Lay."

Lay stared at Chrissi as she continued playing a random tune on the piano.

"Thank you." He said not looking at her but at her hand on the keys. Lay placed his hand on top of it and smiled.

Chrissi was flustered by the contact but let him be.

"I hope I'm not disturbing anything but Chrissi, principal is calling for a meeting." A student council said.

"I'll be on my way." She replied.

Chrissi stood up to follow behind the student but was stopped by Lay.

"Before you go I'd like to thank you." He said while giving her a peck on the cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She got more flustered and walked away again.

"See you tomorrow, Yixing."

_____