#20 Just Business (Suho)

Just Business
PG-13

_____

"Just business, Ms. Bae." Suho pleaded. "No." She stated clearly while taking a bite of her newly served steak.

"No? What do you mean, no?" Suho asked.

"No, aniyo, no. I'm plainly rejecting your offer." Irene explained. "If that's all you have to say. I'm telling you right now, just leave."

Suho stared back at her in disbelief trying to focus on her eyes. Unfortunately, she faced down and looked at her food.

"Please Joohyun, this could help both of our companies. Can't you just imagine what could happen when we sign the contract?" He pleaded again. She ignored him and tried finishing her dish faster.

"I'd do anything for you, just please accept this partnership." Suho said.

"Anything I say?" Irene clarified currently facing him. "Anything. I promise." Suho said eagerly.

"No thanks."

She stood up, leaving the poor lad alone by himself.

___

Irene headed to her private apartment and immediately crashed on her couch.

"Anything I say?" Irene clarified currently facing him. "Anything. I promise." Suho said eagerly.

She thought to herself about what Suho offered her but shooked her head. No Bae Joohyun, it could probably lead to your downfall.

Irene can't help but shout to nothing in particular to let go of all the stress and worry in her system.

She sat down thinking of the way Suho looked into her eyes asking for help. It was full with hope and passion for success.

"No Joohyun! Stop thinking about it!" She shouted to herself repeatedly. Those eyes, those words, that hope, that passion.

Irene finally snapped out of herself and lied down on the couch, not being able to stand up to walk to her own room.

"Just relax Joohyun, this ruckus will also end." After reassuring herself she decided it was time to rest and seriously relax her mind and body.

___

Please leave a message after the beep...

"Good morning, Ms. Bae. It's not that I wanted to ruin your morning but we really need you in the office, as soon as possible. Thank you Ms. Bae."

Irene slowly sat straight, her eyes still adjusting to the light. Her eyes landed on the clock by the coffee table she realized it was already half past nine on the morning.

Half past nine.

She quickly stood up and rushed to her bathroom to take a shower. While she had been rinsing her hair another beep came through the house.

"Ms. Bae, the client is really persistent in meeting you that I myself cannot talk him out."

"God, I'm coming, I'm coming, no need to be bossy." She said to herself.

___

"What is so important that you have to rush me?" Irene asked as she opened the door of her office.

"Ms. Bae since I told the client that you were going to be late, he asked me to give you this note since he had to go somewhere important."

"So I rushed here for nothing?" Irene muttered to herself. Her assistant handed an envelope with her name at the back.