(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟗) eighteenth

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE FOURTH YEAR, Athena and Remus weren't arguing around their birthdays. This seemed weird considering they didn't exactly fight a lot but when they did it always seemed to fall over onto March and wreck their parties and general happy moods.

This year they were turning eighteen. In the muggle world this meant they would be legal to drink, buy alcohol etc. However as they were wizards this specific birthday didn't mean a lot. It was seventeen that marked a celebratory event where a child became an adult. Eighteen just built on from this.

Nevertheless Athena was excited for this birthday as she got to spend it with Remus who now also doubled as her boyfriend. Since making up everything had ran smoothly. Athena didn't try and contain worries in her mind like caged butterflies yet occasionally she wondered whether they could handle another argument like the one they'd experienced.

Then again there didn't seem anything major that they could fight about, at least not now. Athena had told Remus everything about her order and the prophecy. They'd sat down one evening by the fire and Athena had explained the entire story from the beginning.

She found it hard to talk about despite having discussed it before. Mainly because these fears and worries were ones that had been controlling her life recently. She'd been focusing more on occlumency than her actual studies and the imaginary face she'd created for her uncle was always lingering in her mind.

However people always said that a problem shared is a problem halved. She had hoped this would be the case in telling Remus, that in a way a weight would be lifted from her shoulders and she could breathe freely again. However after explaining the entire story nothing changed, she was glad that he now knew about the situation but it hadn't helped to relive any stress that she was feeling.

At least now she didn't have to lie. She could tell him when she was going to an occlumency lesson and she knew that he would be thinking about her while she was there. Athena could truthfully tell him what was bothering her and that helped her clear her mind of the bundled words collecting in her mind like an infestation.

Her headaches had been worsening as of late. It was to do with the occlumency, having someone trying to push into your mind wasn't easy and it definitely wasn't painless. Now she was actually able to stop Dumbledore, she was faced with the problem that keeping him out wore down her mind until she could actually sleep at night.

Nevertheless the meetings only happened once or twice a month. Other that that and the occasional order meeting Athena still had her life to enjoy. This included her birthday party which had been joined with Remus' since it was only one day apart.

Allegedly it had supposed to have been a surprise party however James had given it away about a week before. It didn't come as a huge surprise, the Gryffindor's having an event and not throwing a party was unheard of so it would have been more of a surprise if they had decided against throwing one.