(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟗) the trial

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

Dear Miss Sinistra,

I know that I am the last person you wish to hear from at the current time but please read this letter to the end. I am sorry for what has happened to the Longbottom's.

They did not deserve this and I'm sorry that I haven't been taken an active enough role in finding the remaining death eaters, I do apologise for this.

Alice and Frank have suffered a terrible, irreversible fate and I'm sorry that yet again you seemed to be left victim of this fate.

The death eaters responsible have been caught, all four of them. They were sent to Azkaban but are facing a trial tomorrow on the 7th November.

I have been invited to attend this trial alongside Alastor Moody who was one of the auror's responsible for their capture.

I know that you'd want to be at the trial. I am more than sure that these four death eaters will be sent down for the crimes they have committed and I think that it would be right for you to be there.

I hope that you consider this invitation and meet me outside court room A tomorrow at one. It will be ok for you to be there, I've made arrangements.

Of course this is simply an offer which you do not have to take but I hope that you consider it.

Sincerely,

Albus Dumbledore

Athena hadn't gotten out of bed until she received this letter. At first she was furious, furious that these death eaters were even getting the benefit of a trial for the crimes that they committed.

She was angry that their crimes were even considered when Sirius had been thrown into a cell without second glance. However there was no question towards whether she would attended this trial or not. Athena wanted to see the death eaters responsible for Alice and Frank's insanity sent down.

Athena hadn't visited the couple yet, she couldn't bring herself to. Neville had been taken in by Frank's mother Augusta. She was happy was this arrangement but hoped that Augusta would be kind enough to let her to see Neville.

She was going to visit Alice and Frank, Athena had to see them even if they had absolutely no idea who she was anymore. This fate was one just as bad as death and maybe worse for those who were left.

Athena was still angered at Dumbledore, more than just angry she was completely furious. However she wasn't going to let this stand in her way of the invitation to the trail. She wanted to be there, she wanted to see those who had done it even if she'd already met them before. Athena knew the faces of many death eaters by now, she hoped this would be the last time she saw any.

She dressed in a smart skirt and blazer, feeling more put together than she ever had done. Truthfully, Athena was a complete wreck. Remus hadn't reached out and it had now been a week since Lily and James' death.