(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟖) the secret keeper

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"I CAN'T BELIEVE HE THINKS ITS ME!" Remus yelled as he slammed the front door behind him, "who the hell does he think he is? He's supposed to be my best friend! He's supposed to trust me! He just sees me as a monster!"

"Remus calm down" Athena said through a shaking voice. Remus turned around very suddenly and punched the wall with such force that Athena wasn't surprised to see the plaster shatter beneath his fist.

"Did that make you feel better?" Athena raised her eyebrows. Remus shook his hand in pain, looking at the blossoming red marks and littered specks of blood,

"No it didn't" Remus sighed, "they all think it's me Rena"

"They don't" she shook her head, "you saw James' reaction, everyone thought he was being ridiculous and he was! Look, now we're in a stressful time and this is probably going to Sirius' head... he doesn't mean it"

"No Rena I think he does" Remus argued, "I genuinely think he believes himself which is completely stupid"
Remus moved his hand under the tap and watched as the cold water ran over his knuckles.

"He's out of his mind if he does" Athena sighed, "I didn't think this would make everyone turn against each other... I should have seen this coming—"

"Seen him blaming me coming?" Remus scoffed, "why am I the obvious candidate?"

"That's not what I meant and you know it" Athena muttered, "you are not the obvious candidate"

"They're going to listen to him" Remus protested, "James is closer than Sirius than he is with me, eventually he'll listen to his best mate and after that it's only inevitable"

"James will listen to reason" said Athena, "and reason does not paint you as being the spy"

"I could have killed him when he blamed you as well"

"That was ridiculous" Athena laughed, "me! When I told the bloody order that there were imposters in the first place"

"You're right, maybe he is losing it" Remus smirked, "reasonable option"

"Exactly" Athena smiled. Remus stopped rinsing his hand and moved over to hold Athena close to him. She heard his heart beating lightly as she laid her head on his chest.

"Did you think it?" Remus asked, "even for a second Rena did you think that—"

"Of course I didn't" Athena sighed, "I could never Remus, not only do I trust you more than I've ever trusted anyone but... well factually if it was you Voldemort would know that I saw that vision wouldn't he?"

"How do you know he doesn't know?" Remus asked,

"Because Lily and James are alive" Athena mumbled, this didn't seem a very secure argument since they'd be dead whether Remus was the spy or not however in her mind Athena was sure that Voldemort didn't know.