(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟔) parties and first days

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR ATHENA TO GET BACK TO HER COMMON ROOM AND CHANGE OUT OF HER ROBES, unfortunately she didn't have that much time to get ready so she just tied her hair back and put on a patterned dress she'd bought during the summer.

Her head was aching as she did so, it was as though her brain was overflowing with knowledge that she didn't quiet understand. What she tuned in on was the fact she was going have to see the end of the war, Athena was going to have to bring glory whatever that meant.

That was the pinnacle of what Dumbledore had told her yet this was not what she was most concerned with. Instead the fact that she had an uncle that she'd never known about, an aunt and a cousin who had tragically died years ago.

Finally she thought about Archer. Archer who she'd loved as a brother for years without even realising he wasn't her brother at all. Rena didn't care much about what he really was, he would always be a brother to her yet she couldn't believe the lies she'd been living in.

Part of her want to resent her family for never telling her this, she no longer blamed Aurora in fact she felt stupid for ever having felt anger towards her sister. After all her knowledge wasn't really her own fault. She guessed it was fair that her parents had been planning on telling her yet they'd lied to her so easily nearly all of her life.

Athena tried to push this to the back of her mind as she straightened her dress in the mirror and pulled some shining black heeled boots onto her feet.

Dorcas wasn't turning seventeen until tomorrow however having a party on a Monday night didn't seem smart even to the marauders.

This celebration happened every year. A lot of people cherished this as an introduction into the new school year however Dorcas' birthday was the main reason for this party.

Rena had drawn a beautiful picture of Marlene and Dorcas which was now coloured in detail and framed in gold.

It didn't move mainly because Athena hadn't mastered the charms, even if she had she wouldn't have been able to perform them at home anyway. Therefore the drawing versions of Dorcas and Marlene were smiling stationary up at Athena as she placed the drawing in the box along with the other presents she'd bought her friend including crystallised pineapple and a silken scarf.

She hadn't missed too much of the party by the time she'd arrived, in fact it had practically just started from what Rena could infer. The music was loud and definitely chosen by Sirius given that 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA was playing at full volume.

Athena placed her present down on the growing pile of sparkling gifts as her eyes grazed the room looking for her friends. She'd decided against telling them about what was going on, Athena was finding it hard enough to comprehend on her own and she definitely didn't need everyone else's input.