(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟏) life together

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

WAKING UP TO REMUS WAS FAMILIAR YET WONDERFULLY EXCITING. Athena opened her eyes to see him sleeping peacefully and it made her feel content with herself as she listened to his breathing.

After last night, it had become apparent to her that she wasn't the only one who needed looking after. Remus may have been dealing with this problem his entire life but that didn't make it any easier for him.

She wanted to help but she wasn't sure how. Athena knew that if Remus just asked Sirius and James to accompany him on the full moon, they would without a second doubt. The problem was that he was too proud, headstrong and full of guilt to admit he needed them or to put them in any kind of unnecessary danger.

Athena also knew that this would be the same case with her. She'd always wanted to become an animagus like the marauders as it meant she could be with him in his hardest times just like when he was there for her.

However it would anger him when she brought it up. He didn't want to put her in danger, it would be the last thing he'd want to do. Therefore, no matter how much she wanted to do it she wouldn't because she knew he wouldn't agree.

Absentmindedly, Athena reached forward and pushed one of his curls away from his face. She hadn't meant to wake him up but she also didn't complain when his light brown eyes blinked open.

For a moment he just stared at her and then he smiled.

"Morning" she murmured, "actually it's the afternoon now but—"

"Afternoon" he smirked. Sitting up and letting the covers fall off him as he stretched his arms into the air, Athena caught a glimpse of the scars from last night.

"What happened?" She asked. Remus stared at her guilty as she reached forward and ran her fingers over the length of the wound. She'd done an ok job at fixing it but she knew a lot of people could have done better.

"I can't really remember" Remus sighed, "I just know that... well the wolf was angry and couldn't find anything to take it out on"

"Remus you can't do this alone" Athena sighed, "Sirius and James—"

"Don't" he shook his head, "it'll be ok"

Athena wanted to argue but she was also sick of it. Everything always turned into an argument at the moment, bitter words make for useless emotions that were wasteful in a time like now.

Instead she moved towards him and cradled his face in her hands as she kissed him gently,

"I just woke up" he replied groggily, "morning breath"

"I don't care" Athena laughed, standing up off the bed and looking down at him as though he was her only treasure, "I'll go make us something to eat, ok?"