(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟏) under the tree

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

"IT'S CHRISTMAS" Marlene shook Athena so enthusiastically that she woke up and toppled out of the side of the bed.

"What time is it?" she mumbled from the floor,

"It's eight" Marlene answered, "I was going to wake you up at seven but Dorcas told me not to"

"I thought we should be reasonable" Dorcas replied as she walked out of the en-suite dressed in her glamorous grey dressing gown and red lipstick.

"How do you still look good" Athena muttered as she popped her head up from behind the bed, "at eight in the morning"

"It's a gift" Dorcas replied simply, "anyway, you look good"

Athena spotted her reflection in the mirror wearing her pink, yellow, red and navy striped pyjamas with her hair piled on top of her head.

She moved over to the mirror and let her hair down so it fell over it shoulders. It hung limply, some curls more defined than others.

Athena shrugged before sectioning it into two and plaiting a couple of Dutch braids into her hair before pulling some wisps out at the front.

"Can you tell me who you had for secret Santa now?" Marlene asked as she jumped on the bed,

"It's still a secret" Dorcas replied, "you're not supposed to know"

"What's the fun in that" Marlene pouted, "we always know, I'll be able to tell as soon as you start opening them,

"Wait until then" Athena replied simply as she pulled a white jumper over her head to protect from the cold.

"Let's go wake the others" Marlene replied with a rather wicked glint in her eyes,

"I'll get Lily and Mary" Dorcas replied sending a small smirk Athena's way before striding out of the room.

"I'll get James and Sirius... do you think there's time to get some snow from outside?"

"Just wake them up normally Marls" Athena laughed as the girl darted out of the room.

Athena left shortly after her and walking up a few stairs until she reached the oak door that she now knew belonged to Remus and Peter.

She knocked on the wood three times before opening it.

She could hear the soft sounds of breathing but the room was too dark to find her way around, instead she felt over the wall until her hand collided with the light switch.
The large room was immediately illuminated in a soft yellow glow as she turned to the kings size bed in the centre of the floor.