(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟔) glory and gore

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

APRIL WAS NO BETTER THAN MARCH, Athena had done a good job at seeming happy even though she wasn't. Since everything that had happened, the girl had talked with Aurora and although she accepted that Rory still had her faults, who didn't?

The two of them had made up and Rena felt better because of it. This would be harder to go through if she didn't have her sister by her side. Of course she didn't forgive her parents, she wasn't sure if she ever could.

It hadn't been their intention to pin this on their daughter and they'd tried to correct their mistake. However Athena believed they hadn't tried hard enough. They could have told her the truth long before now, part of her wondered whether they were ever going to.

Sirius had been brilliant throughout this. Athena had forgotten that he had such a way with words. He comforted her when she needed it and overall assured her that everything would be ok.

At first they'd spent so much time together in April that James suspected something was going on between the two of them again. Athena and Sirius both shut this down straight away. Sure they were better friends again but neither of them would go back there.

Rena had been continuing with the occlumency lessons and much to her excitement, she'd actually been getting better. She wasn't good enough yet but she'd managed to clear her mind enough that Dumbledore himself found it harder to break in.

By the end of the month, things were looking up again. Athena had done enough moping around and feeling sorry for herself. What happened, happened and she just had to deal with that.

However, she still found it hard to believe that Archer was alive and that she'd talked to him casually. She wanted to help him, it was the same as Kennedy in her eyes. A fourteen year old boy wasn't a full threat death eater and she doubted that it was really his choice to be one.

There was nothing Athena could do, just as there was nothing she could do to help Kennedy. Kennedy, Regulus and Athena had been trying to think of something for ages but it seemed there was no solution. Once the mark was branded on your skin, you were a death eater. That was apparently final.

Remus' attitude hadn't changed but Athena didn't care anymore. Well maybe that's a slight exaggeration. She did care. After all he was her best friend and losing him seemed like the worst thing in the world but she'd put it to the back of her mind for the time being. She had bigger things to be worrying about.

At the end of April came around the event that James had been desperately waiting for. The last match. Gryffindor seemed to always play the last match of the season, at least they had done last year. Athena didn't remember much more about quidditch before that.