(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟒) we need to talk

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS USED TO SEEING THE INSIDE OF THE MARAUDERS DORM but now she didn't feel as pleasant as she usually did. The girl had been expecting to be in here at some point tonight but definitely not for these reasons.

Her hands were shaking as she sat down on the end of the bed and looked up at Remus who seemed to not know what to do with his eyes.

"Look at me" Athena murmured and her gaze collided with his just as it had done so many times before.

"You're hiding things aren't you?" Remus asked, "things that Sirius knows about?"

"Yes" Athena replied simply deciding that there was no way out of this anymore. She had to face up to what she'd done now.

"And you've lied about it?" Remus asked,

"A few times" she nodded, "nothing major... it's more secrets"

"Tell me then" Remus continued bitterly. The eye contact was lost again as he conjured a chair and sat down on it, staring at his clasped hands perched on his lap.

"The first thing I told Sirius was ages ago... it was the biggest secret I'd ever had and from a young age I'd been told never to tell anyone... um recently I found out that it wasn't ... wasn't all true and... it's complicated"

"Start from the beginning then" Remus shrugged. There was no hint of sentiment in his eyes which made all of this worse. She could tell he was pissed off before she'd even talked to him.

"I started the fire that burned down Rosemary cottage" Athena blurted out, "I stole my sisters wand and... well it was an accident"

"Your brother... Rena you aren't serious" for a moment he seemed concerned not angry and Athena wanted to clutch onto that and never let it go.

"For years I thought I was responsible" Athena nodded, "I only told Sirius when we were dating because I couldn't handle anyone not knowing... I wanted to tell you so many times"

"I don't care what you wanted to do" Remus shook his head, "I'm sure I heard you talking about it before... to your sister... I was going into Hogsmeade and you were coming back"

"I don't remember" Athena shrugged, "of course Aurora knew... at the beginning of sixth year... I found out something else about me"

"Yeah?" Remus pressed on,

"There's so much to say Remus it's all so confusing, so complicated"

"Make it simple then... you managed to tell Sirius perfectly fine so why not me?"

"Because I can tell you're angry" Athena muttered, "Sirius wasn't"

"Sirius didn't have a fucking reason to be" Remus snapped so harshly that she flinched,