(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟑) spinners end

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA WAS NEARLY FINISHED HER SHIFT. She stood towards the back of the cafe cleaning glasses with a cloth while Daisy served customers. She stood in silence looking at the bottom of the empty glass as though looking for answers.

Her eyes also continued to flicker towards her watch. Time had stopped for the last thirty minutes, it must have done because only five minutes had passed since Athena last checked and this didn't seem right.

She placed the glasses back onto the correct shelves and turned her attention very subtly to the till wondering if Daisy needed any help. Right now Athena was being a bit useless. She'd been cleaning glasses for fifteen minutes however it felt like a lot longer.

Athena usually liked the idea of work to take her mind off things but now there was no way to distract herself. The cafe didn't seem as alive and friendly anymore. To her, it had always been her starting place or her waiting room until after the war. Sometimes working here reminded her that there would be a life after however since learning of the prophecy and seeing the vision, Athena no longer held out hope that her life would begin after the war.

She was working a later shift today. Athena often worked in the morning however today she had started at three and would be finishing at seven. Since June was now present, there was no darkening sky as the hands of the clock dragged towards the time that Athena had been working towards.

The summer sun still shone outside and also meant that people had been crowding in thirsty and in need of a smoothie. Athena had heard the harsh noise of the blender way too many times today and felt as though her brain had been shoved in there alongside the berries.

"Rena" Daisy called. Athena looked up to realise that she'd been doing absolutely nothing. She felt guilty immediately, they weren't paying her to stand around looking like a human statue.

"Sorry, my heads all over the place" Athena blurted out. Daisy just smiled in understanding which made Athena feel slightly better.

"You can just go" Daisy told her. Athena yet again turned her attention to her watch. The time read ten to seven and she frowned in confusion.

"I still have ten minutes?"

"I'll manage Rena" Daisy laughed.

Rena nodded gratefully as she took the apron off from around her waist and hung it back up on its peg. She wondered how long she could continue to work here, this hadn't been her intention but Rena didn't want to be stuck here blending smoothies forever. However there wasn't really anything she wanted to do. Athena just wanted a happy ending, was that really too much to ask?

She walked out into the sun and wondered what she should do with her evening. Remus had been out all day visiting his dad but should be back in an hour. Spending time with Remus was still something she enjoyed mainly because she could feed off his hope.