(𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓) the manipulator

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

ATHENA HAD NO IDEA WHERE REMUS WAS and she was beginning to worry. It had only been about nine hours since they fought however she had not enjoyed lying in an empty bed staring at the ceiling and worrying about what he might do.

She was no idiot, Athena knew the kind of thoughts that Remus had in the past and she knew that losing Lily and James was hard enough without feeling as though he had lost Athena as well.

Athena hated herself a lot that morning, she was beginning to realise that maybe her motives of protecting Remus has been entirely selfish. Maybe she hadn't been thinking of him at all. She just needed to see him because now everything was slipping through her fingers like water.

Nothing had happened the way she expected. Athena had been waiting for the day that Lily and James lost their lives for a year now however if she had asked her past self how she believed this might go, this wouldn't have been what she said at all.

Being caught off guard was annoying her since she'd believed to be ahead of everyone else this entire time. However mainly she was thinking of Lily and James. Thinking of their smiles and laughs, their deaths had been overlooked with everything else going on but now that she was alone in her thoughts their faces was all that she could think of.

Athena wished that she could wallow in self pity all day. She wished she could cry about losing all her friends, about Sirius being alone in Azkaban for the time being, about Kennedy running away and about Remus saying he couldn't trust her.

It felt almost like deja vu. Athena remembered when she'd kept the prophecy from him and back then she had vowed never to lie again. However she had, maybe Remus was right. Maybe Athena was wrong, she wished that there was a way around this, a way to reach him but truthfully despite knowing Remus so well, she had no idea where he might of gone to.

However Athena could not wallow in self pity all day because there were still two main problems that she had to solve. Sirius and Harry. So that morning Athena got out of bed with absolutely no sleep, washed the tears off her face and tried to pretend that Remus hadn't just left her in the midst of all this.

She had one solution to the problems that she was facing. Dumbledore. It had been Hagrid who came to collect Harry and Athena presumed that the child was now with Dumbledore. Athena was glad that Dumbledore had acted on this considering that she had been so preoccupied with Sirius however now she realised that she had to take action and realise that Harry was under her care.

Athena apperated to Hogsmede and started to walk up the street as fast as her legs could take her. She was trying to form a plan in her head however she was sure that Dumbledore must already have one.

Dumbledore knew that Sirius was innocent as he had been the one to change secret keepers. She hated the idea of Sirius having to spend time in Azkaban but she only had to talk to him to find out what really happened with Pettigrew.