Chapter 26

"Ronnie, let's go. Come," I say grabbing his arm as I drag him to the deeper side of the pier.

This side was where the water was clearer as you can see a few fishes swarm swim around. The corals were very evident from up here and looks very beautiful.

We weren't in the water, but we were on the platform thingy where we jump into the water.

"No, Ara. It's dangerous there," he says pulling away from the grasp.

"C'mon. It looks like fun," I say jumping in place while clapping my hands exhilaratingly.

Ronnie shakes his head and says, "Nope."

I sigh, "Fine then. I'll jump in without you."

Before I made the jump, Ronnie interrupted, "Ara, no. At least wait until daddy gets back up here to swim with you."

Daddy, mommy, and Tommy were in the water and they were having a fun time in the other side of the pier (the not-too-deep side). So I don't think I should interrupt them.

"I don't want to interrupt them, Ronnie. I'm going in whether you like it or not."

"It's dangerous, Ara. I don't want you going in there," Ronnie says concerned.

I don't know how to swim yet, but I think I can teach myself by going down there and swimming by myself. Like a self-teaching thing. I can just do what I see mommy and dad do all the time when they swim.

I jump in and as I was down there, I paddled and paddled as hard as I could.

Ronnie was looking down at me so I said, "See it's not so har-"

And then I got disrupted by my body falling back down into the none shallow water as my legs and arms began to feel tired from the hard paddling.

I try to get back up, but my arms and feet weren't cooperating and were getting very tired. I can't get back up into the air. It's really difficult and it's getting harder and harder for me to try to hold my breathe in as I was down in the water.

"ARA!!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!!" I hear Ronnie yell from ashore until I feel a body dive into the water with me.

I couldn't open my eyes because I can't open my eyes whenever I'm underwater, so I can't see who it is.

I feel an arm grab my waist and I think it's Ronnie.

He gets me back up to breathe for water and as I open my eyes, I see that Ronnie was still underwater holding me up.

"HELP!!! HELP!!!!" I yell and take a deep breath before my body goes back underwater.

Ronnie was still holding my waist trying to let me get back up out of water.

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die.

We were both still down underwater and I try to paddle back up again, forgetting the tiredness of my arms and feet and I get back up. I try to pull Ronnie up with me, but I didn't have the strength to do it.

"RONNIE RONNIE!!! GET UPPP!!!" I start to cry as I see daddy and mommy coming our way.

My eyes open widely as I spring up from laying down on my comfy bed sheets.

I'm hyperventilating as my body gets blanketed with the chills. I'm finding the need to breathe but I can't. The walls surrounding me make me feel like it's getting closer and closer until I don't have any more space to breathe.