Chapter 17

He opened the door to reveal a very beautifully decorated rooftop.

It was filled with a bunch of flowers and it was a huge space. I was surprised of how these flowers aren't dead at all and are still beautiful as ever. The colors of the flowers were purple, blue, and white which set a really soothing mood to the rest of the rooftop. There were about two long chairs, so I think that people hang out here or something.

You remember that scene from High School Musical where Troy brings Gabriella to the rooftop filled with flowers? Yep, this is exactly like that. Except, this was way more beautiful than that, surprisingly.

My smile was as wide as ever as I stepped into the flower packed rooftop that had the wonderful fragrance of flowers.

"Like it?" he asks looking at me while I was observing the whole rooftop.

This is the parking lot rooftop, so it isn't as big, but it is way more bigger than the school rooftop in the Troy and Gabriella scene.

"I love it. It's beautiful," I say adoring the whole place.

He walks to the two long chairs and sits on one of them, extending his feet on it. It looked as if this could be like an outdoor bedroom. The only place that wasn't decorated was the edge of the roof that manifested a very good view.

The chairs looked very comfy as well. They had very soft looking cushions and the chair was cushion itself. They were facing the good view part of the rooftop.

"So are you gonna stand and stare all day and also make your ice cream melt, or will you come sit and watch the view all day while devouring your ice cream?" he asks disturbing my thoughts.

I walk to the chair next to him and sit down.

As I was about to take a spoonful of ice cream, he says, "You do know that this chair can fit two people, right? We can even stretch our feet."

That's true. The chairs were that long. If we both sat there, we'd be able to extend both our feet.

I sigh, "But what if you stab me? I mean, I'm too young to die."

He rolls his eyes playfully, "Just come here, scaredy cat."

"Yes sir," I say as I salute him jokingly.

I sit in front of his extended legs and lay my back on the comfortable cushion against the arm part of the chair, kind of mimicking how Pres was sitting. I have no idea what it's called, but let's just stick to 'arm part of chair'. I extended my legs and it was a perfect fit to the chair because my shoes were touching his.

"See, I won't stab you or anything," he says taking a spoonful of icecream and shoving it in his mouth.

"Yet," I say jokingly suspicious.

"Yet," he agrees.

We both aligned our feet and pressed it against each others'. We just kept playing around by moving our feet simultaneously as they were against each other. We didn't say anything as we kept moving our feet side to side and munching on our ice cream still in our hands.

I was less than halfway done from finishing mine and when I peaked over to his ice cream, I saw that he wasn't even halfway done.

I stop moving my feet and say, "Really? You're not even halfway done with your ice cream."

He chuckles, "Jhonson, there is something called 'savoring the moment'. And I am savoring every moment of this ice cream."

"Whatever, Santiago," I say rolling my eyes and eating a spoon of ice cream.