Chapter 40

Daniel's POV:

I pace around the hospital waiting room, impatiently waiting for the news on Belle and waiting for everyone else to arrive.

I found her in her car that was badly crashed in between a red car and a lamppost.

I impulsively got her out of there, glass going on my arms making some parts bleed, but I still did anything to get her out of there. I called the ambulance and because they didn't come immediately, I took her here myself. I left the person in the other car because I wasn't really thinking clearly and all my thought was just seeking medical help for Belle.

While pacing, my mind starts to wander.

If I hadn't done what I did, she wouldn't have came to my hotel room and got in that crash. She wouldn't have been on the road if it weren't for my selfishness just for my vengeance to Riley and Tommy.

This is my fault.

And what makes it worse is that it's today. New years eve. The day before my mother's death. The day where I thought that I'd be starting an amazing new year with a new sister, which I did. But I lost my own mother in the process. Damnit why, just why, does New Years hate me.

"What the hell did you do to my sister?" Tom's angry voice interrupts my hurtful thoughts.

I had called Iz and Riv and told them to come to the hospital because Belle has been in a car crash but I didn't call Tom, so probably they told him.

Then a punch comes my way and I suddenly feel pain. I'm not angry at him though, so I just didn't do anything and I stood there waiting for another punch which he threw again.

And again.

As much as it hurts, I don't care because I know in my heart that I do deserve it. I deserve to get hurt.

Then Tom stopped, sitting on the chair beside me with his head in his hands in distress.

"And you're not gonna hit me back? I just hit you three times," he says bitterly.

"I deserve it," I sit down beside him. "If it weren't for me wanting to get revenge on you, she wouldn't have came to my hotel room. Therefore, she wouldn't have been in that car crash on the ride back home."

There was silence between us and only the sound of the usual hospital sound was what was heard until everyone else comes barging in.

"Is she okay?" Iz asks very worriedly then Johnny asks, "Where's Belly?"

"They took her in the E.R. and they still haven't came out with results," I say not even being able to look both of them in the eye.

"Oh goodness," Iz cries out and sits in the chair behind me and Tom as the rest follow suit.

After a long while and impatient waiting, a doctor comes out asking for relatives of Belle.

We all stand up, anxious to hear what the doctor will say about the condition of my Belle.

"So good news is, we got her stable and we had fixed up all her wounds. Bad news is that we don't know how long it will take for her to wake up. It could take minutes, hours, days, or even months. Well, we don't even know if she will wake up at all. She had a mild concussion, which shouldn't be much of a problem, but we'll still watch over it for a while just in case. Her right arm was fractured, but we put a cast on to stabilize the broken bones," the doctor slowly announces with sympathetic eyes.

I hear deep sighs and sobs coming from behind me.

No no no. This can't happen. She will wake up. She has to. Just please. I can't let her go.