Chapter 5

It is now Saturday and I had finally started my Christmas break.

My mom had to go back to work at the hospital, in which she works as a nurse, after the day of the road trip, but she will have like a whole week of no work next week since my auntie Linda was going to be here in that one and only week to celebrate Christmas with us.

This whole week, I had school and during school, Amanda, Lachlan, and Riv were out shopping.

If you're wondering why Amanda and Daniel aren't in school, it is because they have their christmas break at the moment. And their lucky asses have 5 weeks of break. Like what the heck, how is that even possible.

Since Riv had lived here on the island for a whole 18 years, she still managed to remember directions to some places so she was the one driving them around with my car. The driving lanes were opposite from what they have at home. Their lanes were on the left while Guam's lanes were on the right, but Riv still managed to pull off driving here... even though I don't know if it's even legal for her to drive here.

Sadly, since they were using my car, I had to ride with Tori to and from school. I mean I'm not saying that I don't like rides with my bestfriend, but I only like riding to school in my car for some unknown reason.

Daniel has stayed at the house the whole rest of the week because he said he didn't want to shop 'cause he has enough stuff. I'd have very fun conversations with him whenever I got off from school and he'd do his smirky flirty things at times, which I would hit him when he says something cocky.

I still have no idea what's up with him. I didn't dare to ask him about the sudden mood change in the car because of my chicken self.

Daniel was staying in my big brother, Thomas' old room. Or well it is still his room, but he doesn't live here anymore. He goes to college now in Australia. Yep, my family members do seem to go to Australia for college. As in family members, I mean Thomas and Riv.

Riv's like 34 years old and went to college in Australia right after high school.

Thomas is now 20 years old and did the same thing Riv did which was go to Australia for college after high school. He is even going to the exact same university as Riv did which is in Sidney, Australia.

Amanda was staying in one guest bedroom and Lachlan and Riv took up the other one. They left the last guest bedroom vacant for until auntie Linda comes, which will be tomorrow.

Today's the day that we were going to decorate the house for Christmas. We, as in my mother, me, and my brother, should've done it earlier, but I guess we were all either lazy to do so or busy.

The only thing we have managed to decorate was outside of our house, with all the lights and stuff.

We don't have snow here in Guam and I have never seen snow in real life.

All that's left to decorate was inside of the house that looked like Christmas was dead. No decorations whatsoever. So we were going shopping today for inside the house decorations and to look for a tree. We had ornaments in the storage room, so ornaments were something to cross off the list of things we need.

Daniel said he didn't want to come Christmas shopping with us because he didn't feel like walking, but there is no way in hell that I will let him stay here while the rest of us were gonna have a fun time with the shopping. I need to help him awaken his Christmas spirit.

I sigh deeply before holding the doorknob of Daniel's room, still debating on wether or not I should back out of talking to Daniel now.

I open the door and see Daniel on the bed with his back facing me and his face facing the window. He has earphones on so he didn't hear his door open. He's probably admiring the view of the window or just daydreaming.