Chapter 44

The rest of the night consisted of everyone cleaning up.

I wanted to help clean, but Daniel didn't let me. He kept telling me that I needed to rest and that I wasn't allowed to exhaust myself.

I hadn't talked to Pres after the part where Daniel called me his girl last night, so here I am in my room, laying down with my phone in my hands.

The doctor says that I'm lucky that Daniel got me up and out of the car and to the hospital as soon as possible because my injuries would've been more severe if he hadn't. I, of course, thanked Daniel.

But now I still have to stay at this hospital for a minimum of two more days for recovery with my arm and recovery from the very short, I don't know what to call it, but let's call it deep sleep. The doctors said that they have to observe how I am for these two days and I'd be tested too, so if I pass the tests and multiple observations, I'll be free.

I had tapped on Pres' name on the messages app on my iphone 7, not sure on what I was going to say, so I just stared at it.

I start to type what's going on in my mind and what I could say to him.

Hey, can we talk?

I don't send it, but I backspace on the words. They sound too . . . serious.

I don't know what's up with you, but can we talk about it? I'm kinda worried since you've been acting different lately.

I hover over the blue send button, debating on whether or not I should send it.

I quickly press it and squint while my heart beats rapidly, scared at what he'll say. I put my phone on the bedside table, screen facing downward.

I just want my friend back. I know it may be difficult for him because it's obvious that he does get jealous around me and Daniel. But we can possibly fix what's wrong. I can maybe even set him up with someone.

Then it hits me.

Daniel's cousin.

She's, in no doubt, extremely hot, and since she seems awesome to hang with, considering that she made Daniel happy, she can maybe make Pres happy too.

I just have to talk about it with Daniel.

Then I mentally scoff.

It's Pres and Daniel. Do I really think Daniel will let me set Pres up with her?

Oh well. It won't hurt to try.

I hear a ping coming from my phone. I take it and see that it's a message from Pres.

Different likeee? -P

Idk, just different -A

He replies right when I was about to turn off my phone. He's a quick replier.

So what will we talk about? -P

Instead of wanting to deal with this on text, I call him. He answers right away with a questioning voice, "Talk about what?"

"Last night. You just seemed like not yourself, why is that?" I question.

I hear him sigh through the line, "You're back with Daniel and I guess I just couldn't handle seeing the girl I like very much with another guy."

It hurt to see someone that I care about a lot hurt. So that's why Daniel better agree to letting his cousin go on a blind date with Pres. Well, in high hopes that his cousin isn't taken and that she would agree too.

"How about you go out on a blind date with this beautiful girl that I know?" I blurt out, slightly lying about the me knowing her part.

He chuckles, "I really just confessed that I liked you and now you're going to try setting me up on a date with another girl?"