Chapter 33

"So are you going to tell me where you're taking me?" I question Daniel impatiently.

He sighs, "Again, for the millionth time today, you will see."

I pout in my chair with a frown.

"You're cute when you pout," he compliments as I smile at the commentary.

Christmas dinner was pretty good as usual and it's now a Sunday, a few days after Christmas. He's taking me out on the date that he asked me on and my impatient and curious self just can't help but want to know where we're going.

"So how do you even know where you're going?" I ask.

He wasn't using any sat nav at all and he had no map pulled out.

"It will sound way too cheesy and lovey-dovey if I tell you," he shrugs.

From what I've learn from Daniel from the very few days that we've said how we felt to each other, it's that he loves all the cheesy and lovey-dovey things. He just doesn't like to show it which I find kind of ridiculous, but I like him anyway.

"Oh stop lying. You and I both know that you love that stuff," I playfully push his shoulder and tease.

"Pshh. Never."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever, now tell me how you know where you're going."

"I don't like using sat navs or maps on dates because once I have one, it tends to be my main focus somehow and I'd talk less on the drive. So instead, I drove around to practice a lot using your mom's car and a map on my phone to get familiar to the roads that lead to the destination. In that case, when it comes to the date, all my attention's on you."

I coo and joke, "Aww how sweet of you. Little Daniella's growing up to be a gentlewoman!"

A tint of pink starts to appear from his cheeks right below the very patent cheekbones of his.

"Correction. I'm a gentleMAN," he corrects in a matter of fact voice.

"Says the one who didn't open my door," I sarcastically say.

"Yeah but listen. I even let Riv teach me the differences on how to drive in Australia and here, so be thankful that I even got through her lesson for you."

My heart fluttered. Riv wasn't a good teacher at all. Like there was this one time when I was little and trying to learn how to ride a bike. Long story short, I fell about more than 20 times. She was just extremely lucky that I was all padded up everywhere, so there weren't any injuries. Except for my palms, which had a lot of scrapes and even a few rock formed dents on it.

So I'm pretty sure that Daniel went through quite a few while trying to learn from her. He's so sweet.

"Awhhh so you have finally become a gentlewoman, Daniella! Congrats!" I laugh.

He rolls his eyes playfully while a small smile was plastered on his face.

A couple minutes later, we were standing in front of another mall. This mall isn't as big as the one closer to my house, but it does have a few stores or food places that aren't anywhere around the island or close to my house.

"What are we doing here?" I question as we walk to the medium sized sliding doors.

"Just walk, Belle," he chuckles.

Once we reach the doors, he pulls me away, going to the side of the mall where a diner and other fast food places were at. Some were even restaurants. Instead of these places on the side having entrances from the inside of the mall, the entrances were from the outside. Some even had both.