Chapter 12

... but I pushed him away right before our lips could collide.

I back off and get off the bed and throw a pillow at him. "Daniel you have a fucking girlfriend why would you even try to do that!" I yell.

He looks down at the ground and fiddles with his fingers. "I-I'm sorry I-I didn't m-mean to," he stutters.

"If you didn't mean to then why did you do it?" I ask while still yelling.

"I-I got caught up in the m-moment," he says.

He has a girlfriend and if he has a girlfriend then he shouldn't have 'a moment' with any other girl besides his girlfriend. And I know I take a little part of it because I didn't pull back any sooner, but at least I had still pulled back and who knows what could've happened if I hadn't done that.

"Did you not even have a single thought about the fact that you have a girlfriend whose name is probably Riley since you have mistaken me for that name yesterday?!"

I didn't ever let it get to me how my brother and Daniel have the same girlfriend name and how they both know each other and look like they'd kill each other. I mean, Riley is a pretty common name and coincidences happen and so this is a coincidence.

"This Riley girl you're talking about is not my girlfriend."

"Then why the hell would you call me Riley? Does this have something to do with my brother's Riley?"

He just stays silent.

"Damnit Daniel can you just fucking tell me!"

He stands up from the bad standing in front of me and says, "No. You don't need to know every little detail about my life."

"So what? You're gonna call me a nosy bitch who always has my nose up your ass?" I say bitterly.

"I never fucking called you a bitch, Belle!" he screams.

"Yeah but you sure as hell were meaning to say it," I scoff.

He walks closer to me and our noses were so close to touching again as he lowered his head, towering over me. "You're not a bitch, Belle," he whispers leaning closer and closer.

Our noses were touching again and I push him back again.

"Daniel! That's beside the point. The point is, you have a girlfriend so you shouldn't be doing what you're doing!" I yell.

"I DON'T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND I HAVEN'T HAD ONE FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW!" he blurts out something that seems like he has been holding in for a while.

Then why the hell did he keep saying he had a girlfriend.

"YOU LIED TO ME!?" I yell.

I don't like being lied to. It just makes me feel betrayal all over again and I don't need these stupid lies in my life.

He nods his head slowly.

There's got to be an explanation.

"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU LIE TO ME DANIEL?" I ask pushing him by the chest.

"Because!" he starts but stops immediately.

"Because what?" I ask as my voice lowered.

"It's a story that I don't want to talk about right now," he looks down to the floor and puts his hands in his front pockets.

"Get out," I demand folding my arms. "I can't stand talking to a liar right now and I fucking hate being lied to especially when it's been a lie going on for a while."

"Belle, I'm sor-" he starts bit I cut him off.

"Go save your apologies for the next time you tell people about this 'girlfriend' you have," I say air quoting 'girlfriend'.

He walks out and I take a second to put myself together to go back out to the kitchen again.

I know it was just a lie about him having a girlfriend, but I really don't like being lied to and it's even worse that I really trusted him a lot.

I go downstairs to the kitchen, not in the mood to eat and everyone was just fixing up the table now.

"Tori, let's go upstairs?" I ask.

She nods, "yeah sure we stink."

I walk upstairs with Tori trailing behind.

"We heard you guys yelling from down there," she says as we were climbing the staircase.

Sound really does travel quick around this house.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yep," she nods and we enter my room.

I sit on the edge of my bed while she goes to my closet and grabs her towel and some clothes from her drawer. Yeah, she has a drawer in here full of some of her stuff.

"So what was that earlier?" she asks walking out of the closet.

"What was what?" I ask fake ignorantly.

"You know what I'm talking about, don't play dumb," she says bobbing her head to the side.

"I'm not playing dumb."

Then she give me that 'are you seriously kidding me right now' look.

"Okay fine," I sigh. "This whole week ever since I met him, he's been lying to me about having a girlfriend. I believed it and it made me feel stupid just like how I believed a lot of other people's lies."

She sits next to me on the bed.

"You're not stupid for believing a lie because everyone does that. Don't think you are stupid because of believing something that someone told you. Plus, just like what you always tell me, there has to be an explanation for everything and you would need to hear it before you do anything else."

"I did ask him for an explanation but he wouldn't tell me!" I exclaim.

"You also once told me that sometimes, people need time in order to express anything. Don't just use your words on other people, but use them on yourself too," she says politely.

She's right and he probably needs time to calm down or whatever the fuck he needs to do in order to tell me why he did what he did.

"Oh, and why are you mad about him lying about a girlfriend? I get that it is a lie, but it's just about a girlfriend. It's not like he made you meet someone who isn't his girlfriend and pretended she was."

She was right about that too. Damn, why does she always have to be right.

"Yeah I know, I guess I just overreacted," I shrug.

"And why did you overreact?" she says raising an eyebrow.

I shrug again, "I don't know. Probably because every thought I had of him, I would push away because I would remind myself that he had a girlfriend. That and because we should never ever get together. Ever," I blurt out.

I immediately put my hand over my mouth and widen my eyes.

She wiggles her eyebrows, "ouuu does Bella have a crush on someone?"

I shake my head vigorously, "no no no that can't happen. He's gonna be my technically family when River and Lachlan get married, right?"

"Yeah but that doesn't mean you don't have a crush on him," she smiles.

"I don't have a crush on him!" I exclaim.

"Okay whatever, keep lying to yourself Bells," she shakes her head and walks out of my room to go use the bathroom.

I'm not lying to myself. I know for a fact that I don't have a crush on Mr. Cocky. It can never happen. Ever.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I wrote a very extra short chapter because I've been kinda busy and all with school and stuff.

Anyways, don't forget to comment, vote, and follow me!

Thanks for reading!