Chapter 18

Next thing I know, I'm waking up.

I'm in someone's arms who is holding me bridal style. I look up to see Preston's face and when I look around me, I see that I'm at my front door.

From the looks of the sky, I think it must be like 6:00 or near that because the sun has set and only a bit of light was shown.

"Pres?" I say making him look down to me.

I must've fell asleep while I laid my head on his shoulder earlier.

"You're up," he smiles.

"Yeah so that means I can walk now, hooray," I laugh quietly in my 'I just woke up', quiet voice.

"You sure? I mean it would be a whole exercise for you," he chuckles lightly.

I think about it for a second and say, "hmm okay sounds great for me."

*Evil smirk*

He manages to ring the doorbell with me still in his arms.

I'd be lying if I said that I am kinda feeling insecure about him carrying my heavy ass self, but I just shrug the feeling off.

The door opens to reveal Riv and immediately put my 'help me' face on.

"HELP ME RIV THIS GUY IS TRYING TO KIDNAP ME!" I immediately yell.

I look up and see Pres' confused face.

Riv being Riv, she played along with the act, "GET AWAY FROM HER!", she yells.

"I'm not kidnapping you, Jhonson. I was just about to put you in my car and drive off to my lucky warehouse far away from here," he jokes around.

I roll my eyes and say, "Then get your hands off me, stranger!"

"You're the one who said it's fine for me to carry you!" he defends.

"I have never spoken of such," I say narrowing my eyes at him.

He puts me down carefully and says, "happy now?"

No.

"101%" I smile.

My mom comes into the entryway and sees Pres. "Hey, there," She says.

"Hey Ms. Jhonson," he greets waving at her. She approaches us and Riv leaves.

"He was just dropping me off, bye now Pres," I say stepping foot in the house before my mom could say anything mean to Pres or maybe even embarrass me.

"Actually," My mom starts right before Pres can say bye and before I close the door. Oh god.

"Why don't you come and stay for dinner. It won't be ready until another hour, but you can stay here for the meantime," she says nicely. What the hell happened to the 'I'm gonna kill you' part of her.

I look at Pres as he thinks about it and I shake my head and give him the 'don't you dare say yes' glare.

"Sure," he agrees in amusement of my madness.

My mom says, "Great," then leaves to go back to wherever she was earlier.

Preston comes inside and as I close the door, I question, "Why the hell did you say yes?"

He chuckles amusingly, "Because if I said no then your mom would give me looks that would kill me and also because I wanted to make you mad."

I huff and fold my arms, "You're so mean!"

He smiles in amusement, "No I'm not and you know it," then he winks.

I lead him to my room and just as we entered the living room, Daniel was there with Johnny and Amanda watching whatever the hell they were watching.