Chapter 36

"So you guys just left it like that? You're just done?" Pres questions.

"Wow," Ryan added.

I nod, "Yup."

We were all in my room, which is technically Tommy's room, just talking because I had invited them over since I had nothing to do. Everyone else was out of the house and I was alone so I thought why the hell not invite them over. Tori and Ryan were doing their flirty thing again while Preston and I were on the bed and Zack was on Tommy's chair.

Tori had told me why her and the Brett dude didn't work out the day of Christmas when we came home from the skatepark. I felt really sorry about what happened and I'm glad she told me and I was able to comfort her. Brett wasn't a one-woman guy. He was the type to have more than just one at once. Tori found out because Brett had warned her and Tori didn't like it, so she said bye to him.

"Are you okay?" Pres nudges me. Ryan and Tori were now into their own flirty conversations while Zack was just on his phone.

I just shake my head.

I miss Daniel already. I know we weren't anything at all, but it still hurt to know that we couldn't be anything. He just broke it off yesterday and it is really hard to see him around the house and I know it's not so easy for him too. We'd catch each other staring at one another and then we'd look away immediately. It's hard to continue to be like this while he's here, but I guess it is what it is.

Pres puts his hand over mine and squeezes it, "Well I'm here if anything, alright?"

I nod.

"Um can I use your restroom right now?" Pres asks standing up.

"Sure, I'll show you where," I lead him to the restroom right across Tommy's room.

Just as I was about to leave as Pres went in the restroom, the familiar voice echoes through the silent hallway.

"What is he doing here?" Daniel asks bitterly.

I thought he was out with the rest? Probably just didn't feel like going.

I turn around to meet his ocean eyes, "I invited him over."

I see a flash of hurt appear in his eyes.

"Well. Fine," he says backing up and walking back in the direction of my room.

"Me and Pres are just friends. I invited him, his friends, and Tori over. Not only him," I clear up the situation before he goes in the room and gets other thoughts.

"Okay. See you around," and with that, he was back in my room.

~~~~~

"Bye guys," I say as Tori, Ryan, and Zack leave the room.

Tori and Ryan said that they'd be heading out to who knows where while Zack just said he was going to leave. He always seems so serious and I have no idea why. Even when jokes are being thrown around, I see him with a straight face. He barely smiles.

"Why is Zack always so serious?" I question to Pres who was leaning on the pillows right beside me.

He shrugs, "He has stuff going on, but when you get to know him and see his more comfortable side, you'll love him. It will just take some time for him to get used to you and a lot of time to get comfortable enough to be more of himself around you depending on how you're like."

I nod my head in understanding, "Well I hope I get to see that side the more I get to know him."

"Oh you will. I know it," he reassures.