Chapter 38

I gently put her down on her bed and put the covers on top of her, making sure that I wouldn't wake her up. Riv went out of the room right after getting her dressed and getting the makeup off of her.

Riv and Lachlan put Tori in Tommy's room and Iz in her room, so everyone was pretty much tucked in already. The kids were already in their beds at this time.

Just as I pull away, Belle's eyes open.

"Stay here. You need to listen to my every word," she moves over and pats the side next to her.

I sit to the spot where she told me stay at and then pull the covers over me staring into her beautiful hazel eyes.

"You," she says pointing at me and narrowing her eyes at me as well. "Are the worst human being to have ever lived."

I nod my head and chuckle, "Tell me something I don't know."

She puts her index finger on my lip drowsily to shush me up, "Shutup, I'm talking here."

"Yes ma'am," I salute and smile.

I missed this. I miss her and her bossy self. Even though I'm talking to a drunk Belle right now.

Because even just a single word from her is worth a thousand bucks in my world.

"Now. I just want you to stay here with me. At least for one last time before you go running off to Australia," she pauses for a moment then continues while laughing, "Oh yeah. You're in Australia right now and I'm just dreaming. Well time for me to enjoy the dream while it lasts."

Then she smashes her lips onto mine and we were engaged in a whole makeout session. I really do miss this. I'm glad I bumped into her today.

She grabs a hold on my shirt while our lips were still together and she takes it off.

No. I'm not going to do this to her right now. She's drunk.

I pull away, "Hey, Belle. You're drunk and there's no way we're doing this right now."

Her excited face turns into a frown. The frown that I really hate seeing on her face because it just makes me want to frown too.

"You don't want me. The usual. Can't believe you don't want me in my dreams either," she mumbles to herself.

I hold her waist and softly say, "No no no, Belle. I do want you. I really do. It's just that you're drunk right now. There's no way I'm going to take advantage of you. It's time for you to rest."

She shakes her head and a tear slips off her eye. "No. You're making excuses. Just admit it. You don't want me."

"I do want you, princess. But for the millionth time, we just can't. It's impossible."

Then she turns around from me after pouting and folding her arms.

Her mood swings are crazy. But I am falling for her either way.

"Just don't talk to me anymore, dream Daniel. Not any Daniel likes me and I don't need a reminder of it."

I move closer to her to the point where my body was against her back and put my arm around her waist, cuddling up with her and tangling our feet together.

"I do like you. I really really like you," I say kissing her head and she drifts off into a cozy sleep once again.

I like her so much that I have to let her go. We can't get too attached. At all. And I know that I've said that for a million times already, but I just have to remind myself. The more we get attached, the more we hurt each other when I leave.