Chapter 40: Acnologia's Awakening

Natsu's POV

I looked at a black dragon approaching us. Master ordered all of us to stand back. The dragon landed on the ground. The dragon was black and had spiralling, blue markings. It had sharp teeth like a razor. It roared breaking the ground below.

Y/n's POV

Hearing the cry widened my eyes, but seeing him in front of me, a small tear fell from the right eye of happiness. He was back. For me. Or so I thought. He started wreaking havoc in his arrival. Gramps used his Giant Magic to try to hold the Dragon back. He ordered all of us to run. The others held back their tears as they turned away to leave.

I looked down at myself. I had fallen to my knees and my hand my hands were trembling non-stop. I could feel eyes were red from crying. My heart was pounding violently. I was scared. Scared of my dad. That he was gonna kill everyone I love and maybe me, too.

"Y/n, are you okay? We need to go, NOW," Gray said, pulling my hand.

I looked at Acnologia. He was looking at me. He saw me. But he turned back to Gramps as he continued the fight.

"W-What?? Yeah, l-let's go," I answered as my voice broke mid-sentence. I got up as I wiped my tears and ran away. My mind was blank. My whole body felt numb. I didn't know what was going on. I could hear the loud dragon cry and the stomps on the ground. It seemed as if everything that could ever go wrong was happening right the second.

"W-Wait...what about Master?" I asked, stopping mid-tracks.

Natsu looked at me. The others were probably trying to avoid the question.

"W-We can't just leave him. I can't believe you guys are actually considering that," I said. I looked at Erza. She could not say a word.

"She's right. We need to help him. That dragon is probably gonna kill him," Natsu said.

"I am going. I don't care what you losers are going to do," I said without a second thought.

I ran back. I looked at Master and my dad fighting. I wanted to save Gramps, but that would mean I would have to attack my dad. I couldn't possibly attack him after looking for him for so long. All my childhood memories with my dad came rushing to me as I tried to hold back my tears. Why was he doing this?

"P-Please stop. STOP!" I shouted. They both turned to me.

I never felt so helpless in my life. I came back to help, but there was nothing I could do except yell.

Master probably realized why I was crying. He probably realized he was fighting my dad or "Typhon". His eyes widened. He couldn't help but feel sorry for me. His face showed pity.

I tried to think every possible way to make the situation better. But I couldn't think of any. I was running out of ideas. Tears welled up in my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard running. I turned back to see Natsu and the whole guild come back. I smiled. But the smile disappeared when I realized, it wasn't enough. My dad was too strong. But even if they somehow managed to gain the upper hand, they would probably hurt him. Horror filled my face.

"Y/n, it's okay. We're here," Gray smiled.

"Y-Yeah. I know," I said with a small smile.

All I could do for the next few minutes was watch them try their best to stop him. My dad was holding back but for how long?

"Y/n!" Natsu called. My eyes widened. He was about to get stepped on. I summoned my wings and carried him before he got stepped on. I looked back at my dad. Tears welled up on my eyes as I saw the disappointment in his eyes. He had recognized me.