Chapter 37: A Talk with the Dark Side

Y/n's POV

I pointed my sword at his neck as he laid on the ground, defeated.

"I warned you, didn't I, confetti head dude?" I said with a sharp glare.

"Confetti head dude?" Mini whispered.

"I'd be honoured to last even a minute while fighting The Empress, who is using all her strength. And defeating her, it would be glorious,"

"You'd wish, wouldn't you?" I spat.

He laughed lightly.

"You annoy me. But such a waste for all that power in such a weakling like you,"

"Y/n, you shouldn't say that," Mini argued.

"What?" I snapped.

"Great power sometimes does drive you mad," He whispered.

I looked at her, watching me in horror.

I looked back at Azuma, who was gradually transforming into a tree.

"Well, let's go," I said, walking away.

"Y/n? But what about him? What happened?" Mini asked.

"Nothing, that wasn't supposed to,"

"Y/n! Why are you being so rude?" Mini snapped, with tears in her eyes.

What was wrong with her, now?

"Why are you bothering me like this? God, you're annoying me," I said, without thinking about it.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" she asked calmly.

I looked at her with wide eyes. I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting a fight where I would regret saying all of it.

I put a poker face and looked at the ground, "I am fine."

After that, I walked away, a bit fast. I don't know what was wrong with me. I never call Mini "annoying". I mean, she is sometimes annoying, but I only call her that as a joke but not ever to hurt her. And that guy, I had never felt that urgent rage towards anyone.

But I brushed it all off as I turned to the more urgent problem. What was happening? Who are those guys, and why were they here?

"Um... Mini, I have to go somewhere. I'll catch up with you later. Stay with Natsu. I'm sure you can find him. I'm gonna catch up later," I said, summoning my wings.

"Why-O-Okay," she said, seeing how serious my expression was.

After that, I flew away. I took deep breaths. I need to calm down and stop letting my emotions get the better of me. I landed on a tall tree and stood in its branch. I could get a great view from there.

I closed my eyes as I sat on the ground, cross-footed. I knew it wasn't the best time to do this, but I had a feeling I wasn't gonna get another one anytime soon.

I focused my energy in a part of my mind, and in a second, I was there. Darkness enveloped me. There was a chill in the air and a sense of evil there.

"Oh, you're back. I was wondering when you'd be back. So, wanna swap?" She smiled.

"No. I think you already are. What were you trying to pull when I was fighting with that guy? Why was I turning like you?" I snapped.

She was sitting in a seat that looked as if her "throne". She had huge horns that looked like her crown. She had a huge smirk. She was wearing a long black dress without sleeves and had a lovely side slit. It suited her. It just had this baddie vibe that totally represented her.