Chapter 44: Grand Magic Games

Natsu's POV

Y/n had left without a word. A lot had happened with Lucy and the Reborn Oración Seis. We were at the guild talking when a conversation starts about how debt our guild has.

"There is a way we can—" Macao quickly shuts Romeo's mouth, forbidding him to speak.

"What?" I ask, excitedly.

"We can participate in the—" Macao continues to stop Romeo from speaking but Romeo yelled, "Grand Magic Games!"

"Grand Magic Games?" Wendy asked.

"What's that?" Lucy asked as I nodded.

"It's a competition held every year to determine the strongest guild in Fiore," Romeo said.

"We don't need to participate in it. It's a waste of time," Macao said. Master seemed disinterested, too.

"But, wait, aren't we the strongest guild in Fiore?" Lucy asked.

"Not anymore. Since you guys have gone for seven years, we haven't been doing well. When the Grand Magic Games was established, we eagerly participated but only to lose. The competitions are so hard we don't stand a chance to win them," Macao explained.

"We don't need some silly competition saying who is the strongest guild in Fiore. We don't need the title as long as we—" Master said was interrupted by Romeo.

"The winning guild gets a 30,000,000 prize," Romeo interrupted. Macao yells at his son.

"We'll be participating in the Grand Magic Games. Everyone must train and bring the prize home," Master declared much to Macao's displeasure. Unbeknownst to us, he had already devised a full proof plan to win the Grand Magic Games.

"But when is the Grande Magic Months?" I asked.

"It's in exactly three months," Romeo answered.

"You have three months to train before I announce the participants for the competition," Master declared as the guild roared in excitement.

Three months later~

We had opened our second origin and we were at the guild where Master would choose the participants. He had chosen me, Erza, Wendy, Gray, and Lucy.

"But why us? There are other strong members in FairyTail," Lucy said.

"Yeah, they are. But all of them are busy and have not returned," Master replied.

Y/n's POV

Master had called us about a week ago; me, Laxus, Mirajane, Juvia, Gajeel and Mystogan. He said it was important. I had made a lot of progress in my magic though it was not completely stable.

I entered the guild door. Natsu and the others were not there which I was thankful for. I went inside the Master's office as the others were already there. Mini was sitting on my shoulder.

"So, now that all of you are here. I would like to announce that you will participate in the upcoming Grand Magic Games,"

"What? Grand Magic...what?" I asked.

"It is a competition made within the seven years we missed to declare the strongest guild in Fiore. The winning guild gets 30,000,000prize," Mirajane explained.

"But haven't you already chosen the participants?" Gajeel asked.

"Yeah, I did choose Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza. Wendy and Elfman to participate in the Games but no rules are saying that there cannot be more than one team from the same guild. While Team Nastu will perform as the FairyTail A, you will be FairyTail B," Master explained.