Chapter 79: It's Okay To Not Be OKay

Y/n's POV

As I was heading to where the Spriggan 12 were, a voice spoke from telepathy. The voice stated that Mavis was in danger and we needed to save her. Then, Gajeel's voice comes identifying the previous as an ally and initiates the race to FairyTail.

"Is everything okay?" someone asks behind me.

"Zeref," I recognize, turning to face him.

"Is there a problem?" he asks with a cocky smirk plastered on his face.

I turn away to avoid his strong gaze and murmur, "Nothing,"

His smirk vanishes as he grins.

"Then, we might as well get going," he says.

"Zeref," I call, "Why are you here?"

"I wouldn't be if you weren't missing in the whole battle," he says with venom laced in his voice. His mood swings are driving me crazy, but some part of me is scared to oppose him.

He smiles, "Y/n, you have come this far you don't wanna back down now, do you? Acnologia is right in the corner, waiting for his precious daughter,"

I look at him. His words were pleasant, but the way he said it was excruciating.

"Whatever. I'll be there," I say as if his words did not convince me to say so. He vanishes.

I sigh. What was that voice? It was for FairyTail members. But I am not one. I already left FairyTail.

I should've told Zeref but I didn't owe him that piece of information.

I needed to win this stupid fight, and that would be it, I'd be free. But why am I still questioning it? This was the plan. This was how it was supposed to go.

But...but it's just too cruel to make me fight with my family. My former family. I can't choose a side. Meeting Natsu, fighting Gajeel, learning about Natsu being E.N.D has made me question my methods. And I have no idea if it is a good idea.

All my life I've thought of other people. Would it be so bad to think about myself this once?

Not if it kills everyone you love.

I fall on my hands, covering my face with my hands as tears roll down my cheeks.

I don't want them to die. They're my family!

I wonder if it was the right decision to leave them.

But I have no choice. Zeref will win the war. No doubt. And he will come for me for betraying me. And when he does, I'll have no way out. Cause then he'll be stronger than ever.

3rd Person's POV

Mirajane wonders where Elfman is located, but amidst her thoughts Juliet and Heine attack her. She retaliates against the duo, telling Lisanna to follow the guild members as she can handle the two of them. Elfman meets with Yukino, and the Saber Exceeds in the jungle. Someone appears from the forest, turning out to be Sorano, turning out to be Yukino's sister.

Mirajane showcases her true new power, Satan Soul: Mirajane Alegria, which surprises the young girls. She quickly then buries the two, revealing them to be enchanted swords. It shocks Mirajane as Irene, appears floating steadily behind her. Irene binds Mirajane to a pillar, delivering her excruciating pain.

Suddenly, August and Brandish appear behind the two. When Irene mentions that she would take care of Mirajane first, August quickly pierces through Mirajane's heart. Before they depart, Brandish makes sure to shrink her wound.