An Otherworldly Island

I groan, feeling my body come alive after whatever the hell knocked me out. I feel the ocean washing over me, and my entire body feels tingly from. I open my eyes, understanding that my mask is still on, which means no one has found me yet. That my brother hasn't found out that I am Infinity yet.

I slowly stand up, not feeling any pain from what must have been a rough fall. Still, I'm on a random beach with who knows who, and I don't have many survival skills. If I don't find someone that I can reveal my identity to, I'm not going to have a good time.

"Well, I better start walking," I sigh, staring off in one direction.

I'm not sure how long I am walking for, but eventually I come across Lelouch still in his Zero uniform on top of some rocks. He's thinking about all kinds of things, and he has good reason to. When it seems like everything is turning upside down and not going to plan, sometimes all you can do is think.

"Zero," I call out, making my way up the rocks to be with him.

He looks down at me, "Ah, Infinity. I had a feeling that you ended up here. Suzaku must be out there somewhere," he holds out his hand for me.

"Along with Kallen who rushed in to save you," I grab his hand and get on the same level as him. "If we run into my brother, I can't show myself, and I can't stay in this damn mask for however long we're going to be here."

"We'll figure something out," he gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"What happened?" I let go of his hand, looking out at the sea.

"I don't know."

"Hm, this place is nice wherever we are," I hum.

Regardless of where we are and how long it is going to take us to get off this island, I'm glad that I ran into Lelouch. My brother can't catch me in this uniform, and I can't be by myself.

"Huh?" Lelouch quickly turns to look to the side.

I look, and my heart falls to my toes.

Princess Euphemia is standing down on the beach. Her hair limp and sticking to her face from the salt water, and her beautiful light pink and beige dress crinkling as it dries in the sun.

Lelouch easily pulls out his gun, aiming it down at Euphemia.

"Lelouch," her voice is as smooth and sweet as I remember it. "Lelouch, it's you, isn't it? I haven't told a single soul about you, I swear! I've had trouble figuring out who your partner Infinity is, but I have some guesses. Please...before you shoot...let me at least see your faces."

He lets out a soft chuckle, lowering his gun. Then he lifts up his hand, releasing the mask from his face, and then pulling down the fabric that covers his mouth.

"Oh, Lelouch," she wipes the tears that fall down her cheeks.

"Sakura, you have no worry," Lelouch looks back at me.

I quickly take off my mask, pulling down the fabric, and smiling down at the princess. "I'm not sure you remember me, princess, but it is Sakura Kururugi, the twin sister of your knight," I curtsey.

"Sakura," she softly smiles. "I thought it might be you for the political background, and for the connection to Lelouch all those years ago."

"Well, I will always fight for Japan," I stand up straight.

"You two need to get out of those wet clothes before it makes you sick," Lelouch says.