The Fight at Narita

"It's beautiful up here," I happily sigh as we make our way up the mountain; my mask held against my stomach. The sky is clear, the birds are singing, and it feels good to have clean air flowing into my lungs. "It reminds me of that summer. When this is all over, I would like to hide out in a little mountain cabin and plant sunflowers."

"Hide out all by yourself?" Lelouch asks, the sun glinting off his mask. We're riding in the Burai with the hatch open to enjoy the outside.

"No, I'd like to have you there."

"Like that time we got trapped during that storm in that abandoned hut."

"Only this time there won't be spiderwebs everywhere," I chuckle.

This trip into the mountains entered my dreams last night, but not in the way a normal vision appears to me. I didn't see faces; I didn't see anything wrong happening. All I saw was the mountain with the city below. It was calming to experience this place before we made the journey up into them, but it also scares me that something was left out. That I was getting a taste of the calm before the storm. Either way, there's nothing I can do to try and draw out more information from the vision. I take what I can get.

It isn't much longer that we reach a small cabin. A place for soldiers to stay and keep watch over this mountain. What they could possibly be looking for, I'm not sure. I doubt many people come up to hike or camp in this area, but even so, there's some guys waiting to help if need be.

Lelouch takes the lead to open the door while I stand close behind.

"Zero!" the two men inside jump out of their seats, pointing their guns right at him.

"Relax," Lelouch reaches up to remove his mask. "I only came to talk. I want you to ignore any unusual activity during your watch," he commands with his Geass.

"Sure, no problem," one of the men chuckle as the two pick up the chairs they were sitting in.

"Hurry up, its your turn," the other says about their game on the table.

"That's cute that they play a game to pass the time," I slip into the one-roomed cabin as Lelouch goes to send the signal. "They'll just sit there playing away while we have the others come up with the supplies to start whatever the hell it is you have planned."

Lelouch comes back, pulling two chairs up to the only other table. "The less you know, the less you can get in trouble if all goes down."

"I would still be in a lot of shit if all went down," I plop down in a chair, placing my mask on the table as Lelouch does the same. "I'm wearing the Infinity outfit, and I've been deep into all kinds of missions we've done. I would be executed right along with everyone else."

Lelouch takes his seat, pulling a folder out from inside his cape. "You don't have a death wish, now do you?"

"Not at all," I grin, stretching my legs out. "How long will it take for the others to get here?"

"Enough time to smooth things out between us."

I grimace, looking over at the two guys playing their boardgame. "Well, I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me and blow up like I did, but you also were in the wrong, but I don't know if two wrongs make a right, but maybe it can cancel each other out."

"I don't want it to cancel each other out."

"We aren't going to be the same as before what you said, Lelouch, but that doesn't mean we can't keep doing what we've been doing. That we can't keep working together or being together. I said it that night, I still love you even if you caused a crack to appear on my heart. Even if you didn't mean it."