The Kyoto Helper

"How are you feeling, little fairy?" I ask, setting aside crane number 737.

"Much better," Nunnally sips some tea from the comfort of her bed.

It has been a couple of days since Narita, and life has gotten back to the new normal that I have come to enjoy, but there are still some things that have definitely changed. Regardless, the train I'm riding on has gotten to the speed where nothing can stop it. Whatever happens with the Black Knights I am completely on board.

When we got back to the school, Kallen helped me to the nurse's office to have my leg checked on. At that point, the pain was bearable, but I needed to know if it was broken. The cover story was I had fallen during a hiking trip, and the nurse examining me didn't ask any more questions. There were no fractures, but a torn muscle and many deep bruises around the area. I was given some pain medication and told to stay off the leg as much as possible for the whole week. Basically, I don't have to go to class, and that is fine by me. I've spent the days folding more cranes and finetuning my Geass. I now effortlessly send cranes all over Nunnally's room.

It hasn't all be sunshine and good times for me though, as my dreams are plagued with nightmares of my father's death and C.C.'s life. Suzaku is in the same boat as me, but I can't even go see him at the military base. Lloyd gives me a call each day to update me on his status, but remembering what he did all those years ago really hit him hard. Even if we are fighting on opposite sides, I still miss my brother. I want to see him.

It has been nice having Lelouch taking care of me since we've gotten back. It's hard to tell if he feels back for what happened to my leg, but he is doing whatever I ask him that I can't do for myself. He suggested I try to heal my leg like I did his cheek, but my efforts were in vain. It seems that part of my Geass is still quite unknown to me.

"Did you like having your brother to take care of you?" I take the icepack off my leg that I have resting on a chair. "I remember how he would do the same thing when we first met. Any scrap you got, or whenever you didn't feel good, he was right there to make you feel better."

This morning Nunnally woke up with a small fever, and Miss Sayako had some errands to do, so Lelouch stayed home from school to take care of her. Which in turn meant he could take care of me some more, and I would never complain about that.

"I loved having my brother taking care of me," Nunnally giggles. "He's always been there for me, and I will always be thankful. I bet you feel the same way about Suzaku, don't you?"

"I do," I nod. "It's different when your brother is your twin, though. He really likes to push my buttons, but I guess I push his buttons all the time as well. In a way, we're even, and I know that he just wants the best for me."

"How is he doing in the military? Was he at Narita?"

"I think he is doing well, but something happened at Narita that shook him up a bit. He'll be fine in a few more days, I'm sure. We haven't been able to hang out for a long time. I mean, we don't live together anymore, so it is hard. We both have busy lives, but I know we're both happy."

The door to the room opens, revealing Lelouch with a stack of papers in his arms that he went to retrieve from the student council room.

"Ah, welcome back, Lelouch," I send a crane over to him, landing right his head.

He softly smiles, "I was only gone for fifteen minutes or something like that."

"Did anything exciting happen?" Nunnally asks.