Nunnally and Sakura Held Hostage

"Don't you have to go to class, Sakura?" Nunnally asks as we fold cranes together.

"I was on my way with Lelouch, and then I ran into Suzaku, who I was almost shocked to see," I chuckle, setting crane 874 off to the side. "Those boys bickered for a moment about how they'll get held back if they don't go to class, which might be true. Still, my brother does work with the military, and he said the Black Knights are making it difficult over there."

"I thought he worked in engineering?"

"That's what Lelouch asked," I giggle. "Apparently they are short on help, so he is moved around a lot. Even I don't know that full story, as I've only gone with him to the base once, but the people he worked with seemed nice."

"Oh, that's good," she smiles.

"Then, out of nowhere, Rivalz skids up to us on his motorcycle thing, and is angry at Lelouch for not telling him Milly went on a blind date. That poor boy has such a huge crush on that girl."

She chuckles, "And she'll never seem him as anything more than a friend at best."

"That's right," I nod. "Lelouch said he didn't tell him because he'd cry, and then my brother pouted because he didn't know anything about it either. And then Rivalz called him an emo, which was not a word I thought would be connected to my brother. Anyways, Suzaku is free tonight, so he'll be coming over for dinner."

"Really? Oh, that's wonderful," Nunnally widely smiles, gently picking up her crane. "But, that doesn't tell me why you're here."

"Ah, so the little fairy caught on," I tease. "Well, if you must know, this morning we were going to learn about some things about the war that I lived through, that we lived through. I would rather spend first period with my little fairy than relive that horror in a classroom."

"Oh, Sakura, I'm sorry," she reaches out to place her hand on mine.

"You have no reason to be sorry, but I hope you're not mad at me for that being the reason I skipped."

"No, of course not," she pulls her hand away.

The door to the room opens, and I am expecting Miss Sayako, even though she would be quite early to take Nunnally to class.

"My classes don't start until second period, Sayako," Nunnally looks in the direction of the door.

"I hope that I'm not a bother," I start, turning to face the woman, but that is not who is in front of me at all.

Mao, with bandages all over his body stares back with a smirk on his lips.

I shoot out of my seat, letting the chair go flying behind me.

He raises his hands to clap, but not a word leaves his mouth.

"Huh, Sakura?" Nunnally calls out to me.

"Don't worry, Nunnally," I look around the room, searching for anything to use against the man who should be dead. "There's nothing to worry about."

"Now, now, Sakura," Mao looks over at me. "Don't think about trying anything hasty. I'll know your every move before anything you want to throw is halfway to me. Any little trick you pull will result in both you and little Nunnally over there in trouble."

"What do you want?" I sneer.

Just like Lelouch back when we were looking for Shirley, there's nothing I can do against Mao that he doesn't already know I can do. Each and every thought that runs through my head he's hearing in his own mind, and all I can do is wait to see what he's going to do with us. I am completely helpless with him in front of us.