A Wish

"I can't remember the last time I did origami," I smile as I carefully fold the paper as I make a crane. "You say that Sayoko was teaching you how to do this?"

"Yes, she's Japanese like you, and she wanted to teach me some of her culture," Nunnally says. "I think that it is amazing that all different kinds of things can be made depending on how you fold the paper."

"It takes a lot of skill, that I know for sure."

Lelouch and Suzaku are at the front door saying goodbye for the night. I'm sure they have a lot to talk about. I've already decided that if I can stay in this home when not in classes, then I never want to leave. If I can stay by Nunnally's side when she needs someone, and to start walking down the path of destruction with Lelouch, then this is the place that I need to be.

I also need to talk over a lot with Lelouch before the night ends. There's a lot that we have to settle before it becomes too late.

"Are you happy to be with Lelouch again, Sakura?" Nunnally asks, bringing me back to the conversation.

"Hm?" I set my fifth crane of the night in front of me. "Oh, it has been nice to be able to talk with him again. We haven't been able to talk that much though. It does feel like those seven years we've been apart didn't happen. We haven't drifted apart at all."

"I remember when we first met you and Suzaku how angry he was about everything. Then we all became the best of friends. I always had a feeling that the two of you would get even closer though."

"Sometimes I think about how the two of us might have been arranged to marry if Britannian wouldn't have taken over," I sigh.

"Which part of that makes you sad?"

"The part where I have not choice. Your brother means a lot to me, but it is because we were able to be friends that we have the relationship that we do now. I can tell that a lot of girls here like him, and I can't blame them."

"Is that so?" Lelouch's voice causes me to jump.

"Oh, Lelouch, come look at what we've made," Nunnally smiles.

"I didn't mean to say anything that would give you a big head, Lelouch," I tease, looking over to see him standing in the doorway with a smirk on his lips. "How much have you heard?"

"Enough," he shrugs, walking over to observe all the origami that Nunnally and I have created. "Did you think that I would just move on after we were separated."

"It has been seven years," I sadly smile.

"A promise is a promise," he firmly nods. "I've arranged for your belongs to be set up in the guest room."

"Are you moving in here, Sakura?" Nunnally perks up even more if that is possible. "Oh, this will just be like old times then."

I giggle, "Well, at least I have a small group of people that I can count on."

"Nunnally, can I borrow Sakura for a moment?" Lelouch places a hand gently on his sisters.

"What for?" Nunnally seriously looks at her brother.

"Oh, well," Lelouch stumbles over his words as a redness blooms on his cheeks. "You see, we have to discuss us."

I feel my own cheeks heating up to match his. "Your brother is trying to be romantic, little fairy," I chuckle, pushing my chair away from the table to stand up.