Serious Talks

I wake up out of breath, my heart beating rapidly, and one of the first visions I ever received slowly dimming from my mind.

"Sakura?" Lelouch quietly calls out to me.

I force my eyes open, looking to the side to see Lelouch sitting on the edge of the bed as he looks back at me. "It was a vision," I choke out.

Tonight went a little differently than I thought it would, with C.C. claiming my bed, which means my only choice to sleep in a bed was to share with Lelouch. I'm sure that C.C. is able to sense when my visions will intensify. There's a reason that our bond is stronger than any other. And she's always known that I can confide in Lelouch in some way. Now more than ever.

"About?" He runs a hand through his messy locks, leaning towards me.

I shake my head, "I can't tell a person about a vision involving them."

He smirks, "How do you know it wasn't just a dream then?"

"I've seen this one before."

His smirk is replaced by a frown. "How long ago did you first see it?"

"Seven years," I take a deep breath, feeling my heartrate calming down.

"And it hasn't come to fruition yet?" His eyebrows furrow together.

"There is no time limit to these visions, Lelouch. I am only a receiver, waiting for them to happen. Blessed and cursed."

"You can't ever change what is shown to you?"

"They aren't always glimpses of the future like that, but no, I can't change what I am gifted to see. Now, what were you doing up?"

He softly smiles, maneuvering back under the covers. "Seeing my father today brought back a lot of memories. None of them good. I couldn't sleep, so instead of tossing and turning, potentially waking you up, I decided to sit up and work through my thoughts."

"Well, you can talk to me about those thoughts now. You've done it before. Out in the sunflowers, and on the roof of the summer house," I reach out, grabbing his hand and messing with his fingers.

"I was just thinking back on when I told him off for not saving my mother. For not being able to protect Nunnally. For all the bullshit that I had to go through up to that time. Seeing him made me so angry," he sighs.

"I think that you have very valid reasons to be mad at him. I mean, he was a horrible father, scratch that, a horrible person to you as a child. I mean, you lost your mother, and your sister was in critical condition all in one day. When you go to see him, he acts like you are the one at fault. He was always at fault, Lelouch. He is the one in the wrong. There's a reason that I think of the devil, and a big chunk of it is because of what he did to you and Nunnally."

"I'm still conflicted," he grabs my hand to stop me from messing around with his fingers. "If I didn't act the way that I did that day, then who knows where I would be right now."

"Ah," I giggle, understanding what he's going. "Is someone about to get super cliché? Just like that day all those days ago when you told me about your mother and why you and Nunnally were sent to us."

"Hey, I thought that I could talk to about anything?" he pouts, but it doesn't last long before the soft smile is back on his lips as I can't stop giggling. "I was going to be a little cliché. I mean, I don't regret a single thing I did back then. I am glad that I get to be here with you right now."